Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
mk_jones

Post by mk_jones »

I'm sorry to hear about problems with dealers. My dealer (Barnard & Brough in Haywards Heath) have been very helpful and have been fine to do the update whenever I want. I haven't done it because of time pressure and wanting to know if the update works first! My system has lost DAB, but doesn't reboot like some others, so I don't need it fixed as urgently as some.

mikesmorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mikesmorris »

the negative attitude of dealers (which clearly spreads beyond Surrey! ) is disturbing as it begs the question - will they do the job properly given that - for whatever reason - there is a reluctance to provide their customers with service. To me the only logical explanation given that Nissan dealers exist to have satisfied Nissan customers is that there must be a major issue between N and dealers about their remuneration for this rectification. Perhaps someone in the trade would like to "leak" the detail to this forum. I am not going to identify my dealer as they have now reluctantly agreed to book me in and I don't want them wreaking vengeance on my car!!
zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

puffingbilly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:40 pm I have today received the letter from Nissan asking me to make the appointment with my chosen dealer. Have now spoken with Westover Nissan in Salisbury who still appear to be in denial. Having referred them to this forum in the past and again today they say that it's only people's opinions and not something they can take notice of. Three times I read out to them the sentence "please be assured that your Nissan dealer is fully informed of the solution and ready to install the software update free of charge ....." and it's eventually booked in for 9th July but only on condition I bring the letter with me as proof (!!!) that Nissan UK have authorised the work. The letter from Nissan says once the work is done they will make contact to discuss any aspects I may wish to raise. Clearly the appalling attitude displayed by my local dealer and, to judge from this thread, others in the UK will be top of my agenda.
Thats interesting, i am taking my car in Friday (29 May), the dealer seemed to understand the issue, with no mention of payment etc, I live near Salisbury in Winchester. I have not had the letter yet, even though Nissan called me. so will wait to see
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

puffingbilly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:40 pm I have today received the letter from Nissan asking me to make the appointment with my chosen dealer. Have now spoken with Westover Nissan in Salisbury who still appear to be in denial. Having referred them to this forum in the past and again today they say that it's only people's opinions and not something they can take notice of. Three times I read out to them the sentence "please be assured that your Nissan dealer is fully informed of the solution and ready to install the software update free of charge ....." and it's eventually booked in for 9th July but only on condition I bring the letter with me as proof (!!!) that Nissan UK have authorised the work. The letter from Nissan says once the work is done they will make contact to discuss any aspects I may wish to raise. Clearly the appalling attitude displayed by my local dealer and, to judge from this thread, others in the UK will be top of my agenda.
The dealer is about the last in the chain to take notice of...which is wrong where the quality words are often expressed. Its a Customers first point of contact and should be completely supportive, not this common "kiss off" behaviour!

How is it that Nissan does not issue a technical statement about it on their website and tw*tter pages? Because its not safety critical by chance? Thats debatable and opinion is that fiddling with faulty ICE systems on the move is dangerous.

It will be opinion all the time there is dumb silence which can only be damaging....something that a manufacturer surely doesn't want.

Some of us have much experience of electronics and allied software....far more complex than a simple entertainment box stuffed into the dashboard of a production vehicle.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Slewis

Post by Slewis »

My system started to malfunction in November 2018, loosing dab radio, cutting out ipod, CD and phone and then started to shut down of own accord. Anyway today I'm at Nissan Exeter waiting for the software update to be installed. I'm paying half price on the labour cost just to get it done. Here's hoping it works.......
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Slewis wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 am My system started to malfunction in November 2018, loosing dab radio, cutting out ipod, CD and phone and then started to shut down of own accord. Anyway today I'm at Nissan Exeter waiting for the software update to be installed. I'm paying half price on the labour cost just to get it done. Here's hoping it works.......
Am I right in thinking the update should be done for free?

So, if you hadn't have paid would you have had to wait a period of time before the dealer would have done the job?
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

N should really get its dealers in order! The letter from N is crystal clear that they accept responsibility for the fault and that the rectification is not charged yet I have had great difficulty getting a dealer to accept a booking to do it. I have to wait a month (presumably because the dealer is making a point) others here have had similar issues with varying results including now it seems charging the customer to get it booked in a reasonable time frame............. I hope my dealer doesn't latch on to this scam and contact me to say I have to pay if I want it done this year !!!!
qqdriver

Post by qqdriver »

We got an email from our case mgr today
Thank you for your recent contact.

I understand there has been some confusion regarding the cost aspect with the fix that is now available.

The latest software update which is the D605 is completely free of charge and should resolve the Connect Unit issue you’ve been experiencing in your Nissan.

Please could you provide me with the name of the dealership in which you have selected, as I’m unable to ascertain this information, and I will make direct contact with them to confirm this also.

I look forward to speaking with you shortly.
Our Qashqui is a 15 plate, so out of warranty.
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

HI Guys, My Connect 3 system in my J11 2014 has also had the Fault of Loosing Sound and Rebooting on Bluetooth/Radio/CD and Aux connection since i purchased in 2017 and slowly got worse over time, in early part of may i contacted Nissan GB they were aware of the problem and the Manufactory was trying to resolve the issue, towards the end of may i had a phone call from Nissan GB stating they had resolved the issue and a Letter would be in the post, Letter Received i contacted my local Nissan Dealer and the Updated Software Which was D605 was completed Today. So Far no Further Problems system working Fine (Update completed F.O.C)
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
zxe

Post by zxe »

Strange, i thought they changed my whole system, it seems a tad different, but they sent me a video saying they had updated the system. I asked how it could take so long to update the system over an hour, but no response. I also see a mark on the side of the unit that was not there before. It seems to start a lot quicker and also, and it may be me, it never had AM radio, now it has. I also asked for a manual and they couldn't even give me one.