Multiple faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gh5000
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gh5000 »

Hi all,

Looking for your advice on getting multiple faults come up on starting the engine, namely
Stop/start, traffic sign, collision detection, chassis control system, and lane departure.

Have been searching around the forum but couldn't find another post that had all these problems. Some where the s/s didn't work were battery, others were faulty unit behind the rearview mirror. Did see one about a bad firmware update - the car was serviced a couple of weeks ago.

Have bought a battery charger to see if the battery is too low. Car always starts. Just don't want to spend the money on changing the battery if it isn't the problem.

So would appreciate you guys thoughts. Video here if the embed doesn't work below https://youtu.be/fPYcZQn6qKg

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

4 faults appear to be sensor/sensing problems which relate to Driver Assistance...not absolutely important. System fault is a rather strong term I think?

Battery is ok if starting without issue. As regards Battery/Charging state please follow video below. Power supply volts will vary between 12.3 and 14.9 volts over time. That voltage range indicates the Alternator is following power consumption by the car systems. See if you can switch the faulty sub systems off in the Settings. If necessary perform a Reset

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Gh5000

Post by Gh5000 »

Battery is operating within the range you give.

Tried disabling everything using the steering wheel controls but no difference.

My brother has one of those Garmin OBD things but it was showing no fault codes.

The other things I've come across are a faulty earth connection being the cause of other peoples similar problem. Or is there a fuse that serves this unit?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Some of the commercial OBD devices won't work fully. There are a number of diagnostics standards which require more money...of course. Can't remember most of it anymore.

Your Stop/Start system fault is related to the Body Control System (BCS) and it is monitored, so should appear in diagnostics...if you have the right diagnostics.

Your Forward Emergency Braking system fault is monitored in the Brake Control System (BRC). And has camera and distance sensor components connected.

I'm pretty sure the BCS and BRC are separate units which could be commonly connected (signal inputs). Signal type and conditions would take quite some tracing without diagnostics pointing the way.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Gh5000

Post by Gh5000 »

So....
Bought a battery charger and maintainer and charged it overnight. No difference.

Today my wife was driving and hit a kerb and split the sidewall of a tyre. Driving home from the garage and went over some bumps and Stop/Start on came on the screen. Restarted the engine at the traffic lights and everything is back working.

Must be a loose connection somewhere. But stop start working much better with the topped up battery
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

A very similar problem is being further discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8009
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Chris87

Post by Chris87 »

Have you had any luck with this? I’m getting all the same issues but intermittent over the last 2 days... a few times I’ve managed to turn the car off, start it back up and it’s cleared all faults except for parking sensor, which has not worked for 2 days straight.

Tonight I’ve parked the qq up, locked it, reopened it and the folding mirrors have packed in - they close but won’t open... tried locking / reopening / pressing the manual button... they close as normal if I pull them open but won’t open no matter what I try 🙄

Ive got a ford warranty (2014 car) but Nissan won’t use it directly and I’m not sure ford will be very successful?...
Chris87

Post by Chris87 »

Just been playing with it a bit more trying various settings and the mirrors now work 🙄I still have no parking sensors or park assist (camera works) but everything else seems Ok for a minute!
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Chris, have you checked the battery earth (car side), its prone to corrosion.
Chris87 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 pm Just been playing with it a bit more trying various settings and the mirrors now work 🙄I still have no parking sensors or park assist (camera works) but everything else seems Ok for a minute!
Chris87

Post by Chris87 »

I did disconnect the negative terminal of the battery (and the 2 earth leads on there) somewhere between it not working and working hoping it would possibly reset the parking sensors... made no noticeable difference though..

I’ve also switched off parking sensors, enabled the front sensors on their own and enabled rear on their own - regardless of what’s enabled or disabled... um assuming people have seen this before but here’s a pic of the camera screen with the red boxes on each corner

BE878842-1C9A-4324-A4B2-90ED81D2ACBE.jpeg