Start up problems

ICE, Equipment, Options
Ricey80
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Ricey80 »

Hi all, new to the forum. I recently bought a Nissan quashqai 2015 ntec +. Lovely drive, I’m having an issue starting up, no issues on keyless entry. No error codes etc. When I push the clutch down, and press the button, everything lights up, but then nothing. The coil for the glow plugs sometimes don’t light up either. If this does show then I know it’s going to start. Took it to Carshop where I bought it from and they said they can’t see anything wrong.

Like I said, this doesn’t happen all the time, just now and again. Started straight away this morning, run into the shop, came back out and took me about 15 attempts to get it started. I have a video that I can post up if this helps.

Anyone else had this issue?
Nissan Qashqai 1.5 DCI N-tec+ silver

Gel

Post by Gel »

You need to get it into a dealership than has the correct diagnostics software.

Lot of technology in these cars; you need to update your forum signature so we can see what model
you're talking about/ engine type.

Has it been serviced regularly?
If not done at a Nissan dealer, the software won't have been updated. :oops:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Ricey80

Post by Ricey80 »

Thanks for the reply. Updated my signature with the male etc. Last serviced by the carshop so will get it into a dealer this week and let you know the outcome.

I have the service records, most recent one not by the dealer though. If it’s just a software issue then it’ll be an easy fix hopefully.
Nissan Qashqai 1.5 DCI N-tec+ silver