Problems after Dasaita infotainment installation

ICE, Equipment, Options
tbersimis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tbersimis »

Dear friends,

I am an owner of a Nissan Qashqai J11b, N-connecta bought April 2018. I bought Dasaita Android 8 infotainment px5 (ha_px5_8.0_ota(20181210) system

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/nul ... 7147450000

Unfortunately I have serious problems after installing.
1. Initially immediately after install the airbag warning came up. It seems that it was because of the disconnections so I went to official car dealer to remove the error and problem 2 came up.
2. There are System fault indications. Car dealer claims that front camera for the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign indications is not working with this system. Initially they supsected that a calibration is needed but after that they said it is not compatible. I must mention that I also installed TV tuner with the antennas placed on the two sides of the front mirror so I had to push a little bit the cables in order to place them gently under the wallpaper of the car.
3. Cannot dial the phone numbers for the phone book list when connecting phone via bluetooth.
4. Contacts do not appear in contact list.
5. Google maps don't speak the whole words in navigation.

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
Last edited by tbersimis on Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

chosan

Post by chosan »

tbersimis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm Dear friends,

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
I'm using type 2 klyde 360 key mode avm1 0dB and it works 100%. You can always try canbus 37 Nissan_2013..... if it works.
Try my settings first before changing canbus.

For contacts: in the settings > apps give it permission to access contacts. Then your contacts will be synced...
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

Dear Chosan,
Thank you so much for your reply! I tried klyde 360 key mode avm1 0dB with 10 Nissan_2013.. first and then with 37 Nissan_2013.. and two of the three errors disappeared, only the traffic sign functionality is there. I wasn't able to move the car for a long distance to see if the other two appear again (it happened before). I am going to do it later today and update you. Just two more questions, from your experience is this problem related to canbus or the camera calibration is also a possibility? After I applied the canbus change another icon control panel with related settings appeared (lane departure detection etc) which are grayed out and cannot be changed, any idea what this is? I attached photos. Again thank you so much for helping me!
Last edited by tbersimis on Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

chosan wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm using type 2 klyde 360 key mode avm1 0dB and it works 100%. You can always try canbus 37 Nissan_2013..... if it works.

For contacts: in the settings > apps give it permission to access contacts. Then your contacts will be synced...
Dear Chosan,
Thank you so much for your reply! I tried klyde 360 key mode avm1 0dB with 10 Nissan_2013.. first and then with 37 Nissan_2013.. and two of the three errors disappeared, only the traffic sign functionality is there. I wasn't able to move the car for a long distance to see if the other two appear again (it happened before). I am going to do it later today and update you. Just a few more questions, from your experience is this problem related to canbus or the camera calibration is also a possibility? After I applied the canbus change another icon control panel with related settings appeared (lane departure detection etc) which are grayed out and cannot be changed, any idea what this is? I attached photos. Again thank you so much for helping me!

IMG_20190523_090613.jpg

IMG_20190523_090622.jpg

chosan

Post by chosan »

tbersimis wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 am
chosan wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Dear Chosan,
Thank you so much for your reply! I tried klyde 360 key mode avm1 0dB with 10 Nissan_2013.. first and then with 37 Nissan_2013.. and two of the three errors disappeared, only the traffic sign functionality is there. I wasn't able to move the car for a long distance to see if the other two appear again (it happened before). I am going to do it later today and update you. Just one question, from your experience is this problem related to canbus or the camera calibration is also a possibility? Again thank you so much for helping me!
I believe it's short comings in the Chines Can-bus implementation. Some info is missing in the small info window and that is due to shortcomings in the Chinese Can-bus implementation.

Since I never have had the problems that you have I believe your Can-bus box might be the problem. Try to get another one from your supplier.

I'm not 100% of your failure description. Does the 360 work with errors or is it not working at all. Because remember if you don't get the 360 camera only exclamation mark swap the two yellow cam cables.

Another possible problem could be putting the cables on the backplane in the wrong position, Unfortunately it is possible to put the wrong connector in the wrong slot. Read on the top of the radio and verify right connector in the right place. Best way is to remove all connectors and try again.
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

360 camera view works. When I park everything is activated and I can see front, back and around the car on the second display. The problem is the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign, which work with the front camera as I understand that is located under the front mirror of the windscreen.
chosan

Post by chosan »

tbersimis wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 am 360 camera view works. When I park everything is activated and I can see front, back and around the car on the second display. The problem is the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign, which work with the front camera as I understand that is located under the front mirror of the windscreen.
Lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign. Two different systems in a sense that traffic sign recognition in the original system work two ways. It will normally get its info from the GPS or by reading the signs or both. When you install the Chinese head, the connection between the GPS and radio is broken. Traffic sign reading will only take place by physical reading of signs. I solved that problem by turning of sign reading and by using Waze which will give a faster response for speed display and sign display.

Reading all your stuff I now believe that something happened during your installation with lane detection, collision avoidance connection. Next question, have you checked so this is not disabled in the car menu?

As I'm trying to say no one else has reported the same kind of problem. There's no physical connection between lane detection, collision avoidance connection system and the Chinese system.

Third question, when your were installing your TV-antennas you didn't by mistake disconnect the lane detection, collision avoidance connection camera.

The second picture of your screen is not active in my system either and only available when you have selected #37 Can-bus. I.E you cannot do anything there, It's not a part of your problem.
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

So you disabled Lane detection from car settings in the small car display and used waze app instead because it is not working at all with the Chinese system or for better performane? It gives also the information to the small car display?
On the car menu all Lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign settings are not disabled. I clicked to disable and enable again but nothing happened.
For me to check all connections you suggest and be 100%, I must uninstall the unit again. Do you suggest to get assistance from a car electrician also?
Many thanks I am obliged
Last edited by tbersimis on Thu May 23, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

chosan wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am
tbersimis wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 am 360 camera view works. When I park everything is activated and I can see front, back and around the car on the second display. The problem is the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign, which work with the front camera as I understand that is located under the front mirror of the windscreen.
Lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign. Two different systems in a sense that traffic sign recognition in the original system work two ways. It will normally get its info from the GPS or by reading the signs or both. When you install the Chinese head, the connection between the GPS and radio is broken. Traffic sign reading will only take place by physical reading of signs. I solved that problem by turning of sign reading and by using Waze which will give a faster response for speed display and sign display.

Reading all your stuff I now believe that something happened during your installation with lane detection, collision avoidance connection. Next question, have you checked so this is not disabled in the car menu?

As I'm trying to say no one else has reported the same kind of problem. There's no physical connection between lane detection, collision avoidance connection system and the Chinese system.

Third question, when your were installing your TV-antennas you didn't by mistake disconnect the lane detection, collision avoidance connection camera.

The second picture of your screen is not active in my system either and only available when you have selected #37 Can-bus. I.E you cannot do anything there, It's not a part of your problem.
So you disabled Lane detection from car settings in the small car display and used waze app instead because it is not working at all with the Chinese system or for better performane? It gives also the information to the small car display?
On the car menu all Lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign settings are not disabled. I clicked to disable and enable again but nothing happened.
For me to check all connections you suggest and be 100%, I must uninstall the unit again. Do you suggest to get assistance from a car electrician also?
Many thanks I am obliged
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Installing this will likely have invalidated your Nissan Guarantee,
and as many of the QQ's safety features have been compromised, I'd suggest you call your Insurance Company too.

The premium paid would have been based on the many safety features built in to vehicle being intact; that's not the case anymore. :?:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D