Update on the attempted theft of my QQ

ICE, Equipment, Options
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Well here we are almost two weeks on from the event, The vehicle was uplifted and taken to Aviva's own premises where their expert (?) was unable to make any headway with the car beyond ordering the new window and a piece of damaged trim. The car was then taken to the local Nissan dealer who had a weeks lead time to even look at the car.

This evening I got a call from Aviva asking me to give them the spare key but they were not able to give me any info except that the Nissan techs had asked for it. I'll be dropping it off in the morning.

Has anyone else here had their QQ broken into/stolen, and if so, what was the outcome?

Assuming that my car is repairable, does anyone have any ideas on how to deter any future attempts? I've already got a RFID-proof pouch for the key......

Regards,
Dave

Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Hi Dave...it's good to hear the QQ is being fixed.

As for deterring future scumbags, well that depends on where you keep your QQ, whether that be on the street or on your driveway, if it's the street then that is a little more difficult than if it was on a driveway.

Mine is kept on my driveway and I lock the gates with a serious chain and lock combo, so it's going to be a cutting gear / grinder job to remove them, that will make noise and thus attract attention and more importantly take time, which I think will be the most off putting factor. So when Mr Scumbag comes calling he takes one look at what it's going to take to get the car off the drive and thinks there are easier pickings out there.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Well things seem to be moving now, one way or another - the insurance called me yesterday evening asking for the spare key, so at a guess they have either a) reprogrammed the ECU or b) run out of ideas and are clutching at straws......

I have off-street parking; unfortunately it's on the other side of the building to the bedrooms...... Sadly no gates to lock! I was thinking of a physical device, either a steering wheel lock like the Disklok, or a Stoplok Pro, or a wheel clamp.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Stoplok Pro as it seems to get pretty good reviews. Hopefully the visual deterrent of a lump of yellow-painted steel will prompt them to move on to easier pickings.

Otherwise we're all doomed Captain Mainwaring!
David56

Post by David56 »

Trabant Dave wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:06 am Well things seem to be moving now, one way or another - the insurance called me yesterday evening asking for the spare key, so at a guess they have either a) reprogrammed the ECU or b) run out of ideas and are clutching at straws......

I have off-street parking; unfortunately it's on the other side of the building to the bedrooms...... Sadly no gates to lock! I was thinking of a physical device, either a steering wheel lock like the Disklok, or a Stoplok Pro, or a wheel clamp.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Stoplok Pro as it seems to get pretty good reviews. Hopefully the visual deterrent of a lump of yellow-painted steel will prompt them to move on to easier pickings.

Otherwise we're all doomed Captain Mainwaring!
The best car security device I have seen is James Bond's Lotus in For you eyes only......try and break in and it blows up!!! No more Mr Burglar
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Would that not affect my NCD?
David56

Post by David56 »

Trabant Dave wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:32 am Would that not affect my NCD?
Possibly, but the satisfaction of blowing the scum up will far outweigh the NCD surely
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I installed a CCTV camera to watch over the rear of my house and drive. It even activated when the dash cam fell off the screen mounting and that set off the car alarm which was recorded by the CCTV.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Trabant Dave, perhaps it might be worthwhile investing in one of these just so you get some piece of mind. Personally I never thought I would purchase again a “Stoplok” (Krooklok), they are more expensive now, but much sturdier made and I am a little calmer when in dodgy areas.
Unfortunately though these devices along with the Electronic Systems, Alarms (they deter) but do not stop the idiots from Breaking In and damaging the windows and doors etc or stripping out what they need. Prevention is indeed a big priority but which method ? - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7949&p=63805&hilit ... ock#p63805
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Another suggestion ;)

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D