AC issue - unable to change temperature

ICE, Equipment, Options
AverageCarDriver
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by AverageCarDriver »

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to find info on this issue both here and online but didn't find anything matching this particular. I am also not very good with cars, this is my first one.

I got a QQ 1.2 DIG-T Automatic 2018 (brand new). I've noticed now that when it's starting to get warmer outside, the car get problems with the AC. If the car is parked in the sun and gets warm - then Im not able to change the AC temperature in the car. No matter if i crank it up på 28c or down to 16c its only one temperature blowing out the AC. Its maybe around 18c, so it's still cold, but im not able to regulate it. Then the next day, if the temperature have been pretty cool during the night - then Im able to change the temp.

This should be covered by the warranty or something - car is only 10 month old. But I wanted to check with you about this. Something I can easily fix myself? Would it require a long time at the mechanics?

Anyone had this issue before and how was it solved for you?

Thanks in advance!

// Jay

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jay, yes you could obviously Play around with the System yourself but why bother you have a Nissan Guarantee so let them sort it for you, if you Play around then the Guarantee will be Null & Void. There have been Problems in the past with the QQ's with a Faulty Constructed Condenser, take a look in "Search" by just entering "Air Con Problem" for an example and take a read - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

The AC installed on a Qashqai is climate - hence the temperature that comes out of the vents is NOT the temperature it states on the dial. It's whatever the car thinks is necessary at that point in time taking into account the internal and external temperatures.

Hence if it's 25degC in the car and 20degC outside - and you set the climate to 21degC the air coming out of the vents will be cooler - eg 18degC - initially until it's brought the incar temperature down to 21 degC. Then matters should stabilise somewhat. This might take a few miles.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
AverageCarDriver

Post by AverageCarDriver »

You are right, Dave! I will leave it to the professionals. Also, will try to improve my searching skills, just felt I didn't find anything matching this problem!

@Gloucester: Oh lord.. I never thought about it that way! Am I that stupid? Always thought the temp I choose is what I will get, maybe because thats how it's been on other (older) cars I've driven. I guess I'll just have to test it.

Others are welcome to confirm my stupidity as well :) Im gladly lectured on how the system really should work! Just feels weird that you actually cant controll the temp of the wind blowing.