Rear dash cam issue

ICE, Equipment, Options
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Pleased you got it sorted, Steve.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

No problem fella.
johnels79

Post by johnels79 »

Hi Steve,

Ive got a new 19 plate Tekna, and just fitted a BlackVue dashcam front and rear, can I ask how did you get the rear cable through the rubber sleeve, I ran mine on the drivers side and can't seem to find any way from the top of the c pilliar into the rubber where the light wires are? Maybe I'm missing something here?

Regards
John

Steveob wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 pm Hi mate,
Update on the dash cam,my cabling is running through the rubber sleeve that connects from the boot to the tailgate, that the cables that supply brake lights and wipers and so on. Nextbase have sent me 3 ferrite cores and I have had to fit all three and keep the cable outside of the black plastic boot surround just to get any dab with the boot shut. See attached photo,I am going to work tonight,18 mileB70C4728-BDBF-4C13-91A0-40E916FBDF1E.jpeg drive so will see how it goes, otherwise it might be getting removed for good. Came across another problem, mine is currently plugged into the cigarette lighter,every time I stop and the engine start stop functions kills the engine,when it starts up again the power to the nextbase cable drops for about 3 seconds which is enough to turn off the dash cam and then it restarts again,does your do this.
3rd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT Propilot - Nightshade Black - 9th July 2020
2nd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT - Nightshade Black - 6th July 2019 - Rejected
1st Qashqai 1.5cc Dci Tekna - 28th Jan 2015
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Hi John,
I ran mine down the passenger side,I popped the rubber sleeve off from the bodywork and the tailgate,I then removed the plastic housing that covers the c post and the rear seat belt,boot light needs to be disconnected for this,up in the roof just off the c post I found a hole which when I shone a light into it I could see from where the rubber sleeve sits on the bodywork,I then just feed my power cable thorough and into the passenger compartment,once I done this I got a long screwdriver and pushed this thorough the entire length of the rubber sleeve,feed the cable thorough this and into the tailgate. Because I never went down the drivers side I can’t say for sure they will be a hole in the roof area,like I mentioned I went passenger side. I did have problems though with interference to the dab though when cable was fully enclosed behind tailgate plastic,hence my original post.Hope that makes sense and send me a message if you need any more help,
Steve
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Ey up, Steve...how's the rear camera going, is the DAB reception still OK?
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Hi mate, still get the occasionally lost signal but I think that's more to do with the area as when it happens, I power off the dashcam and its still lost signal, have had to leave the 3 cores in the back window but it's a small price to pay for dashcam footage and dab radio 😊.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Nice one fella...good to hear it's still working.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Just to confirm to any others that may run their rear dash cam power supply down the drivers side of UK model, that there is a hole in the inner roof skin, as mentioned previously, visible once the wiring rubber boot on this side of the tailgate is removed, which as also mentioned previously you can then access via the C pillar trim, so pull this off and then feed power lead up and out through hole and then through tailgate rubber boot and then run behind tailgate trim.

35FE9EBA-EDDA-431C-95D3-C27846FC29AD.jpeg

80763577-EDD2-4D26-BB0D-14EDAD7ACC07.jpeg

Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

I was also having DAB reception issues after fitting a Nextbase rear window camera. So found this thread, but for benefit of others in same situation as mentioned in earlier posts if you contact Nextbase they will send you some ferrite cores. But what isn’t mentioned in any of the previous posts is that they also included a technical bulletin sheet. On this they state to fit them approx 20cm from the rear camera as they say theoretically this is the best location to fit it. Also that you pass the cable through twice and to loop the cable back through again and once closed up, to pull the cable tight. It is early days but it does seem to have done the trick and DAB reception is better. One observation is that with my Nextbase rear window camera is that 20cm puts this close to the cable connector where the short length from the actual camera then connects to the longer cable that then goes all the way back to the front camera. So wondering if the theoretical has more to do with that than anything else.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.