Rear dash cam issue

ICE, Equipment, Options
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Same as mine,quess I will wait for the other ferrite to arrive and give it a go,let me know how you get on over next couple of days

Steveob

Post by Steveob »

If you get a chance can you take some photos please,
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Will do...just hoping one Ferrite sleeve is going to be enough, and if it's not then like you I'm waiting on Nextbase for the extra Ferrite sleeves.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Just a quick heads up, Steve....DAB works perfectly with the rear camera Ferrite sleeve in place.

I'll post a picture in a little while so you can see where I have placed it.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Here you go :)

Front camera with the included Ferrite sleeve as standard

IMG_2698.jpg

Rear camera with the Ferrite sleeve I attached

IMG_2693.jpg

You would have thought that Nextbase would include one as standard, because if the front camera needs a Ferrite sleeve then surely the rear camera needs one also.

Anyhoo, hope this helps, Steve and lets us know how you get on.
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Just home from work and my ferrite sleeves have arrived,will have a look tomorrow and let you know.
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Hi mate,
Update on the dash cam,my cabling is running through the rubber sleeve that connects from the boot to the tailgate, that the cables that supply brake lights and wipers and so on. Nextbase have sent me 3 ferrite cores and I have had to fit all three and keep the cable outside of the black plastic boot surround just to get any dab with the boot shut. See attached photo,I am going to work tonight,18 mile

B70C4728-BDBF-4C13-91A0-40E916FBDF1E.jpeg

drive so will see how it goes, otherwise it might be getting removed for good. Came across another problem, mine is currently plugged into the cigarette lighter,every time I stop and the engine start stop functions kills the engine,when it starts up again the power to the nextbase cable drops for about 3 seconds which is enough to turn off the dash cam and then it restarts again,does your do this.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Ey up, Steve...maybe it's the routing through the tailgate that is possibly causing the issue, because mine has been faultless since fitting that single Ferrite sleeve, try keeping the cable to the inside of the car like mine and see what happens.

As for the cig lighter knocking off on Start/Stop operation, I haven't noticed, but I wouldn't have thought it should because under normal operation the 12v socket will stay powered up for a couple of minutes after turning off and locking the car, I checked when installing mine and the blue light on the 12v plug definitely stays on for that amount of time before going out.

Maybe the Start/Stop operation is sucking that much power on start up that the voltage is dropping and causing the camera to shut down momentarily, dash cams can be quite sensitive to voltage drops.

Let us know how you get on.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Steveob wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 pm Hi mate,
Update on the dash cam,my cabling is running through the rubber sleeve that connects from the boot to the tailgate, that the cables that supply brake lights and wipers and so on. Nextbase have sent me 3 ferrite cores and I have had to fit all three and keep the cable outside of the black plastic boot surround just to get any dab with the boot shut. See attached photo,I am going to work tonight,18 mileB70C4728-BDBF-4C13-91A0-40E916FBDF1E.jpeg drive so will see how it goes, otherwise it might be getting removed for good. Came across another problem, mine is currently plugged into the cigarette lighter,every time I stop and the engine start stop functions kills the engine,when it starts up again the power to the nextbase cable drops for about 3 seconds which is enough to turn off the dash cam and then it restarts again,does your do this.
Did Nextbase say anything about those ferrite core filters? Like... they are tuned to 3 different radio bands? DAB, FM (VHF) and all below (HF). If they are the same (say DAB band) then the other 2 aren't much use. Both FM and DAB are in the same VHF band.

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Steveob

Post by Steveob »

Hi,sorry for the late reply,not to sure what the ferrite cores filter,just know I needed 3 to stop interference, can see them on back window but it’s a small price too pay.went for the hardwired option in the end and it’s not cutting out anymore so it’s all good at the moment.
Steve