Clock time varies

ICE, Equipment, Options
S_J_P

Post by S_J_P »

My clock has been all over the place recently, many hours fast, almost right, and many hours slow along with everything in between. East time I start the car the time offset is different.

I’ve checked the settings and for some reason the auto time zone was set to Eniwetok, Kwajalein. I’ve manually set it to London, with summer-time set, but it is now six minutes slow.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? I’ve searched the forum for “clock” & “time” but there doesn’t seem to be any posts similar to my problem.

The car is a 2019 Tekna if that has a bearing.

Thanks!
Gun-Metal DiG-T 140 Tekna Arrived 19-03-19
Gun-Metal 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta [Comfort & Heat Packs] Arrived 27-05-16

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

S_J_P, you could take a look at this video but I think it is from an older QQ J11A model but it might help you. As you have a 19 year model I would personally go back to your Dealer and get it checked out as you have a Guarantee, so let them correct it or fix it - Dave 🤨

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

When my 19 plate went nuts on Friday, with Start/Stop Failure and AdBlue Fault and EML showing and all of them disappeared by the time the RAC turned up, even the EML cleared itself which should be next to impossible without being reset, I noticed that my clock was 1 hour out when compared to the Navi, so I just synced it to the Navi and it went back to normal.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
S_J_P

Post by S_J_P »

Thanks for the video, but as you suspected the newer Multimedia system is subtlety different.

Even with the clock set to non-auto, and manually set to London, the time is still fluctuating wildly on both the navi screen and the instrument display.

Perhaps a dealer visit would be the best option, but it’s a pain to get the car down there and back without taking a day off work.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Makes you wonder if some of the 19 plates have some serious software issues.
S_J_P

Post by S_J_P »

This afternoon I set the clock to total manual, no auto-setting on location, no auto-setting based on a single location, I set the time manually, then around twenty minutes later the time was 45 minutes fast?!?

Another oddity is that if I set a SatNav destination, the ETA doesn’t match with either the real-time or the displayed-time - what’s going on there?!?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

S_J_P, looks like a visit to your Dealer and corrected under Warranty, it is a pain but it is better than possibly screwing the system up by mistake - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Apparently Europe’s sat-nav network suffered a serious outage four days ago and the experts are still working to restore the situation. This might have some bearing on the situation 🤷🏻‍♂️
The glitch happened at the Precise Timing Facility (PTF) in Italy, where all the Galileo system clocks are calibrated and checked.
And depending on the sat-nav chip they have installed, cell phones and other devices might also be making connections with the Russian (Glonass) and Chinese (Beidou) networks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48985399
https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/15/eu- ... ay-outage/
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hopefully the satellite issue is sorted now as my Navi worked perfectly this morning, infact I was quite surprised just how well it did work with instantaneous route corrections on the older SD system.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Pulsars are having the same issue.

Unlikley to be hardware related, but signal related as mine catches up. Only happens after parking up over night under the car port