Stop/Start fuse....?

ICE, Equipment, Options
russmgzr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by russmgzr »

Hello All ,
Has anybody got pictures of the fuse box . trying to find if there is a single fuse or relay for the stop/start system ? .
Maybe the only way to turn whole system off without affecting anything else ? .
Thanks Russ

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I totally fail to see why people are so antipathetic towards Stop/Start.

I was annoyed all the time I had my Qashqai that it hardly ever kicked in.

On its replacement it nearly ALWAYS licks in - that's WONDERFUL! What's not to like? I'm totally mystified.

(And no I don't believe you can just pull a fuse out!)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I certainly don't care for it and apart from stress on the Battery. I found that it quite often caused/contributed to engine stalls where I had dropped into neutral, foot off clutch and brakes in auto hold. Mine kicks in surprisingly quick under those conditions.

I am obliviously too fast for it (hand/foot co-ord) perhaps. Combine that with low-ish rev lift off and its stalled which is supported by pretty good cabin/engine sound insulation....not loud/thumping radio stuff. I don't have this embarrassing problem with SS off.

And the green leaning systems dimwits at Nissan didn't leave an option for always off. Just a simple thing.

I note Auto Hold release isn't quite what I expected either. Some expected releases are delayed slightly. Apart from mechanical issues I am very wary of real time software control of actuator functions.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Noted - but the only problem I had with mine is that it very rarely worked - even after a new battery. It never stalled. I also had no problems with auto-hold either.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

I am not a fan of Stop/Start and try to remember to turn it off each time. My latest QQ, 2 month old 1.3 petrol. I have noticed a few times that the Auto Hold is slow to disengage after parking. On startup, I disengage the parking brake manually, foot on brake pedal and press brake switch.
My previous cars were QQ 1.5 dci without the Auto/Hold facility, 2010 and 2014.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The answer to the original question is no. The Stop/Start system is both manual and automatically controlled. Manual is the button press. Auto is computer controlled to make simple decisions based on various car electrical conditions until Stop is manually pressed or computing decides you are burning the planet off?

The fuses/relays involved are various and individually control (12v feed) such items as Starter Motor/ECU/Fuel Pump and so on. There is no single fuse or fuses to specifically disable the accursed Stop/Start (SS) function without disrupting everything. SS is a computing function input/output and cannot be modified without a small piece of electronic hardware that has been discussed on this site. See earlier posts from duncho
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
trout

Post by trout »

gloucester wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm I totally fail to see why people are so antipathetic towards Stop/Start.

I was annoyed all the time I had my Qashqai that it hardly ever kicked in.

On its replacement it nearly ALWAYS licks in - that's WONDERFUL! What's not to like? I'm totally mystified.

(And no I don't believe you can just pull a fuse out!)
Mine never worked until my battery failed, now after a new replacement it cuts in every time, but it’s easy to stop it as soon as I set off I disarm it it’s only a flick of a button.
Don’t think it’s good for a Diesel engine to be cutting in and out it’ll just cause premature DPF problems.
S.
russmgzr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by russmgzr »

morning all
thank you for all your replies was just trying to get round having to get yet another battery as the s/s system does reduce the life of them .
Astraa

Post by Astraa »

Well I wish it could be turned off by choice and not when the vehicle thinks you want it to turn off, many times have i been at junctions wanting to p[ull out only having just pulled up and the dam thing turns the engine off, and as you anticipate a gap in traffic to go out, you find you are suddenly in a predicament of do I don't I because the engine is off, mine is a 19 plate auto.
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

Iirc there is a sensor at the front near the bonnet which others have realigned ie turned round to stop SS kicking in, have you done a forum search to see if I’m correct or completely off my tree?
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp