Rain Sensor computer

ICE, Equipment, Options
Thatguy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Thatguy »

Hi,

The rain sensor on my J10 Qashqai has not been working for some time. I recently sent my car in for its MOT and for them to fix the sensor. I was told that the sensor is fine and that the problem is within the computer that controls the wipers. That this computer has been badly corrupted and will need replacing for the automatic wipers to work at a cost of about £500+ installation for a new genuine part.

I have tried looking in to this myself / looking at rain sensor parts how it works ect and can not find any part that come close to what im being asked to pay for or by description.

Does the cars ECU control the automatic wiper system? because that is the only thing I can think of in my head that would make sense for that price, and if it was the ECU causing this problem would I not see other systems fail to do there jobs?

Thank you for your time and help. Apologies for the poor quality of the post

Spuriousfish

Post by Spuriousfish »

From what I can see in the service manual the wipers are controlled by something called a BCM and not the ECU/ECM. BCM is short for Body Control Module and does a lot more than just control the wipers.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I can't add anything to what's been said already.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)