Replacing battery on 2016 J11 diesel

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nayfeee
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nayfeee »

My wife has a 2016 1.5 dci Qashqai and the battery is goosed. We have a new battery for it, an AGM rather than the current EFB, same capacity.

If I go and do a straight swap now, will we have issues? Some people seem to have no problems and others have reported the need for programming.

I do have access to the registration tool if needed. However, it would be a lot easier if I could do it now rather than wait, as the car needs jumping every time we need to use it in and it's a becoming a pain in the...

Thanks for reading and in advance for any input :)

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

As I understand it the Battery has to be "registered". The monitoring software will operate on the last battery condition if not. Also any DTCs that arose prior to the change or during the change may need examining/cancelling.

I think the upshot is that the charging system may incorrectly charge the new battery if the monitoring system is not reset.

Whats the registration tool you have access to?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Nayfeee

Post by Nayfeee »

That's what I'd read but also have seen others just change them without issue, thanks.

I've not got the details but I know someone that works in the battery industry and have said they'd lend me the registration tool or register it for me. I just need it doing ASAP is all and as they'd be doing me a favour I don't want to myther them if I don't need to. Sounds like I'd be better waiting rather than doing it now though.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Yep...I've seen that self change stuff but no follow on reports.

Most here report the RAC change (laptop out) where the guy resets the battery etc.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
jimbo23uk

Post by jimbo23uk »

Hi there is a problem from new with these batteries , Rac man came out to ours (2017 model) and changed it straight away did use a laptop to remap. also was lucky just got it in the warranty . he told me if it was out of warranty make a claim as it is a known fault . hope this helps
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Can't you wire the two batteries in parallel temporarily when you swap them over? Similar to a jump start,
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.