USB and Voice Recognition problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Q2019ashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Q2019ashqai »

Hi guys, I recently got my new 2019 DCI 115 Qashqai.

- I have a button for voice recognition, when i press the button on the steering wheel nothing happens. How can this be resolved?

- When I connect my Samsung S8 and S9 to the USB connection, the phone charges. However I get a message on the display telling me that the USB format is not supported. I have tried to change the USB settings in the phone but with no success. This problem is annoying as I'm not able to use Android Auto.

Thanks beforehand

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Voice Recognition removed:

Widely commented on here re J11B spec QQ's; pse use SEARCH before posting new query.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

It appears Nissan had a problem with voice recognition and decided to disable it. The solution is to connect to Android Auto and use "OK Google".

There shouldn't be a problem with your Samsung S8 and S9 - my suggestion would be to try a different cable. I didn't have AA in my Qashqai but I do in my Suzuki - it's VERY dependent on having a really decent cable. I tried several before finding one that would work - nice short (300mm) white one - you can easily see it in the dark.... I've found "braided" cables are pretty hopeless - just returning one to Amazon that was advertised as "Fast Charge" but is anything but.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Q2019ashqai wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 am Hi guys, I recently got my new 2019 DCI 115 Qashqai.

When I connect my Samsung S8 and S9 to the USB connection, the phone charges. However I get a message on the display telling me that the USB format is not supported. I have tried to change the USB settings in the phone but with no success. This problem is annoying as I'm not able to use Android Auto.

Thanks beforehand
The only time I've had the "USB Format Is Not Supported" message is when trying to use a USB Stick bigger than 32GB, don't quote me on this but I think USB sticks up to 32GB are FAT32 and supported and over 32GB are exFAT and not supported.

Do you have an extra storage card in your phone above 32GB, because maybe Connect is just seeing the phone as a storage device using an unsupported format.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

It would appear that you have bought one of the new QQ’s without the “Hands Free” Telephoning which Gloucester & Gel have mentioned. The post attached is most likely one of the longest on the Forum if you have time to read it.
I tried talking sensibly to NCS out here but it was like talking to a brick wall and I got nowhere, in the end I think we cancelled our order 3 times. Last week we got a new Tekna + and the “Hands Free” functions great. After a week I am still learning but I have tried the following :
1. Using the Steering Wheel Button / Voice Recognition through “Siri” - works fine ! Hands Free 👍
2. With the iPhone connected through a cable into the Centre Arm Rest USB Socket and then pressing the “Siri” button top right hand side of iPhone and speaking - works fine ! Not Whilst Driving 👎
3. Using the Connect System using the pre-programmed / down loaded addresses from the iPhone pressing buttons / scrolling - works fine ! Not whilst Driving 👎
4. Or this - video is a Nissan Rogue :

That is it at present - This information is most likely not going to help you but at least you can look at the facts - Dave 😏

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067

23FFD9DF-D66E-4B01-A058-1F1E1D0505D7.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Q2019ashqai

Post by Q2019ashqai »

Thanks for the help, really kind of you.

- If I have understood it correctly, the only way for me using handsfree is to use Android Auto, despite me having a new J11B version? If I activate mmy free NissanConnect subscription, can it help?

- Regarding the USB issue; I have no micro sd card. The internal storage on my S8/S9 is larger than 32GB. I have tried several cables both OET and others. None of them work. And Nissan tells me they can’t help me.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Regarding the USB issue, can you just not connect the phone via Bluetooth instead.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Q2019ashqai

Post by Q2019ashqai »

I have now tried with several different cables and with an Iphone. When I try with the Iphone the phone is connected through usb but doesnt find the auto in the settings. Any suggesting. Bluetooth works fine but is not compatible with carplay or android auto. Nissan what a shitty company.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I do not want to sound negative but how far have you pushed your problem. You are stating Nissan is a “Shitty” Company, but normally they manufacture the QQ and it is sold through a Dealership which could be private or Nissan Owned. Have you tried an alternative Dealer or even contacted NCS to raise your problem. When we picked our QQ up a few weeks back our Sales Guy spent 2 hours going over the QQ details and set the whole system up, but OK in German. Remember also you paid good money with a Guarantee and you should get satisfaction with the product you bought - Give the Options a Try - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken