New Head Unit in Older Vehicle

ICE, Equipment, Options
Wild1145
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Wild1145 »

Hi All,

Been looking for a while at upgrading the had unit in my car with a newer unit that supports Android Auto and Car Play. I've looked through a lot of the posts on here before about it, and have a good idea around my options with after market units like the android tablets and similar.

What I would like to know, is has anyone had a great deal of success using a head unit from the later cars (2018 / 2019) which support the CarPlay and Android Auto natively, on a older car (late 2017 mainly). I'm trying to find out if the connection are the same or if anyone has had any joy with this before ripping the one out of my car and just looking to compare it with the ones on listings I've seen.

From what I've read Nissan suggest you can't retro fit them, as the entire car is designed around it, but I'm suspecting that might well be more sales talk than the technical reality here...

Any help would be appreciated :)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

No one has reported they've managed a retrofit.

The Android way is however well documented elsewhere on here and can be made 100% successful (I think)

I don't know whether you have experience of Android Auto but I have it in my present car and I'm not overly impressed
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)