Android Auto?

ICE, Equipment, Options
parky74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by parky74 »

Just been on the phone to Nissan Customer Service and after only giving her my reg number she said my vehicle definitely has Android Auto, although she couldn't understand why it wasn't working and could only only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app etc.
I'll keep you posted on how I get on!
Lee.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Parky74, so you have contacted NCS which is basically a “Call Centre” Service with little Technical Know How, you can get through to more technical orientated people but it ain’t easy. Have you been to a Nissan Dealership and confronted them as you must still have a Guarantee, let them help or sort it for you. Our Sales Guy Set our whole System up for us - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
parky74

Post by parky74 »

Dave - I bought it from Motorpoint so I guess you could say it was Sold as Seen? Nissan have activated my account now and told me to follow the step-by-step instructions they've emailed througj to me. I've also ordered a genuine USB lead to eliminate any dodgey connectors.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

parky74 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:51 am Just been on the phone to Nissan Customer Service and after only giving her my reg number she said my vehicle definitely has Android Auto, although she couldn't understand why it wasn't working and could only only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app etc.
The photo you posted previously shows the OLD infotainment unit WITHOUT Android Auto/CarPlay.

However you have the NEW J11b steering wheel - like this:

You need to find someone with the same combination and check with them, but if Nissan removed voice dialling with the steering wheel (which I think's the case) rather than the infotainment system then you won't have it.

Checking back on previous questions re voice dialling might reinforce this conclusion.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

For clarity here's a comparison - old on left, new on right

Comparison.JPG

Key physical differences:

- SD slot v no SD slot
- different button/knob legends
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
parky74

Post by parky74 »

It's quite frustrating that my vehicle seems to be stuck in Limbo with the Voice Recognition feature having been prematurely removed and not replaced by Android Auto.
I'm going to experiment with the Nissan Connect app which partially replaces some of the features I need but failing that I may have to dash mount my phone.
Lee
dodgydino62

Post by dodgydino62 »

Looking into this issue myself I would definitely say you have the old head unit that DOESNT have android play.
Easily identifiable by having an SDcard slot and the two middle right hand buttons having dual functions whereas the latest unit theres no SD slot and those buttons have only one function.
My car was registered in late January 2019 and has the new head unit but I have read of cars registered later that have the old head unit.
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Judging by the comments and data supplied here you seem to have one of the “Odd New J11B” Models without the “Hands Free”. Have you read this very long post which has been posted again recently as this would appear to be your problem and you are not alone - hope it helps Dave 😉 Sorry if you have seen it ! 🙂

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067#p53196
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

parky74 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm It's quite frustrating that my vehicle seems to be stuck in Limbo with the Voice Recognition feature having been prematurely removed and not replaced by Android Auto.
I'm going to experiment with the Nissan Connect app which partially replaces some of the features I need but failing that I may have to dash mount my phone.
Lee
Yours is the same as mine and commonly known as Connect 3. Earlier versions (connect 2 etc) are the ones that suffered from DAB drop out etc and are currently being updated by Nissan for free.

The Nissan Connect Owners Manual page 7-2.....Dated 2016 and the following NissanConnect App discontinued rapidly so no SmartPhone integration exists. USB provides...music/Nav POI's/Connect firmware updates/slow charging. I use BluetoothT for mobile phone book....no voice actuation. My USB format is FAT32. NTFS etc may cause error flags.

connect.jpg

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta