Connect screen gone white

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

c00kiemon5ter wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:48 pm For anyone in a similar situation in the future - after trying to get dealers to even look at the unit I found one who agreed to.

They tried a software update to fix the camera issue - didnt work.

So they then completely wiped the unit and now everything including the camera is working.
Did they mean that they pressed the Reset selection in the Setup Menu? Or have they done something similar via the Consult tool they have?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

c00kiemon5ter
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by c00kiemon5ter »

The unit had been completely wiped using Consult software (that is what the guy said).

I think the biggest learning is how many dealers wouldn't touch it unless they fitted a new one bought from them. At £3000+ we would have part ex'd the car before paying that !
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

The camera on a connect unit is enabled through configuration within consult 3 system.

When a system says SECURE it means it's not mated with the immobiliser, to mate the unit with the immobiliser you need to just recode the keys. Then carry out manual configuration within consult, all nissan dealers should know this. Thing is most front desk people and service managers will just look at you with a blank face or just make something up.
Deleted User 10149

Post by Deleted User 10149 »

Hi folks my own has developed the white screen, has anyone found a way of fixing this yet ?
Deleted User 10149

Has anyone ever tried replacing the screens on the headunit from a unit not coded with the car, rather than go to a nissan garage to get it coded
Deleted User 10149

So I bought a second hand unit with the same model number and a very close manufacture date to my own, the only problem as someone mentioned above ""SECURE - System is locked RED Please contact your dealer"", so therefore go to a dealer to get it coded to the car, but we are in lockdown at the moment and the nearest dealer is 44km away :roll: .

So that got me thinking if it was possible to swap out the screen from one unit to the other :idea: :idea: , I had a look at it took out 4 screws and the screen separated from the main unit, no cables to pull or anything like that, it just separated, carried out the same procedure on the second unit and swapped screens, and it worked , I'm now using my original unit with a different screen, no more white screen, no more Please contact your dealer. 8-) 8-)

Delighted with myself..... :D :D
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

mcsodwyer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:40 pm So I bought a second hand unit with the same model number and a very close manufacture date to my own, the only problem as someone mentioned above ""SECURE - System is locked RED Please contact your dealer"", so therefore go to a dealer to get it coded to the car, but we are in lockdown at the moment and the nearest dealer is 44km away :roll: .

So that got me thinking if it was possible to swap out the screen from one unit to the other :idea: :idea: , I had a look at it took out 4 screws and the screen separated from the main unit, no cables to pull or anything like that, it just separated, carried out the same procedure on the second unit and swapped screens, and it worked , I'm now using my original unit with a different screen, no more white screen, no more Please contact your dealer. 8-) 8-)

Delighted with myself..... :D :D
Very Good...well done. Award yourself multiple beers or similar.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta