Security. NATS. Alarm. At night.

ICE, Equipment, Options
NickThornber
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by NickThornber »

Just bought a 2017 facelift model. In the day it is fine. At night the NATS light flashes very rapidly after I lock the door and then alarm sounds after about thirty seconds. There is nothing in the car moving about.

Have you experienced and solved this?

Is there a work around which is safe and convenient?

I've searched the forums and the only very similar problems didn't have a solution.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its difficult to say but I think you need the car's electrical system (alarm related) checked properly first. As with Start/Stop I find it annoying that I cannot switch off forever the ultrasonic alarm so fault isolation gets to be awkward.

I don't see any relation to alarm at night unless the battery is an issue perhaps? Unlikely I suspect.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Baldyian

Post by Baldyian »

Hi, i had similar issue with the alarm going off at night for no apparent reason......turned out there was a very small Moth in the car that liked to party within a few minutes of locking the car on a night, obviously the ultrasonics are that sensitive Tom Cruise couldn"t by-pass them ....got rid of the Moth and Alarm issues ended...Admittedly being replaced with more Qashqai issues :)

You could try a piece of tape over the sensor & see if that makes a difference ?

Maybe it"s more of a temperature thing ? Had issues in a former life with a car sensor going off after long drives with heater on in the Winter months .....if i opened the windows before parking to equalize the internal temp with the outside temp the alarm didn"t go off

Just a thought

Regards Ian