Car struggling to turn over after long journeys

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bekbek32
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Bekbek32 »

Hey,

So I have had my qashqai for just over a year (08 plate) and my step dad was the previous owner.

I started having issues with it about 3 months ago turning over and being dead altogether. I had a new battery in jan as we though it was that. It has since then also had the starter, alternator, glow plugs, injectors and fuel pump all checked which are all okay; it is really struggling to turn over after journeys longer than 20 miles.
Eg, I drove it 20 miles on Wednesday absolutely fine, left it for a few hours whilst at a friends and it turned over again perfect for the journey home (40miles round trip).
Went to turn it over the again today and it took almost 3 times as long as usual to turn over then when it did strike up white smoke came out the exhaust which smelt.
this seems to be the norm when driving it a long distance, sometimes it can be “dead” completely and then take minutes of constant turning and gas to strike up. I always wait until the glow plugs sign goes off as well and the oil is also fine.

My step dad has just told me that about 5 years ago he had the same issue and had a small electrical part changed by the roadside assistance (no paperwork though) and that fixed the issue.

Any help or advice would be great as I’m at my wits end now 😫 thank you in advance.