MY10 Qashqai wont start

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nordin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nordin »

Hi!

I recently bought me a 2010 Nissan Qashqai 2.0 dci that worked like a charm for the first week but yesterday after a short drive to the store I faced a real problem.
When I came out after a quick stop the car didn't start, it turned over, and I heard it fired but it sounded like it missfired and wouldnt run, I decided to walk back home and go back a while later.
I came back like 40-60 minutes later and the car started without any problems.

This morning I tried to start the car and it started without any problem, turned it off after like 30 seconds and then tried to start again but it didnt start.
The starter turned the engine over but the missfire sound came as yesterday.

I have no fault-codes or anything, any ideas about what the problem might be?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its difficult to say. Sounds like fuelling problems but I'm not diesel fault knowledgeable.

Its fuel and air mix at high pressure to get combustion. Add the Glow Plugs to get combustion started. Don't know what scanner you have for faults (DTCs) but it may not pick them up. Such a fault as below should cause an error. Errors may arise from changes in emissions and detectable by an exhaust sensor...eventually? Sensing of the glow plug heater itself by the engine management system would also throw a fault code...commonly.

At your cars age/mileage have you any servicing documents from earlier years? Some Engine components are specified for a certain lifetime/mileage and should be changed by servicing schedule intervals ...maybe?.

I note the following on a web look around and which points at misfiring. Not saying this is the problem.

2020-03-29_121353_www.google.co.uk.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Additional Info and from the Nissan engine diagnostics for an M9R 2.0 DCi engine. A series of start issues with common problem parts.

Opera Snapshot_2020-03-29_140732_cardiagn.com.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta