Recommendations for After Market Head Unit (67 Plate)

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I noticed last night that the Italian chap above/below had posted a further update to his Dasaita Android ICE installation. That covered amongst the common stuff (wifi/audio/video/radio/reversing/steering wheel/phone etc) a firmware update or two. He's since taken it down but other vids exist. He did show a failure of firmware installation part way through (USB Stick problem). Always a danger moment but it also showed the unit recover successfully...simply also. Hope he puts it back up...was a lot in it.

Interestingly there appears to be a technical forum take up at XDA Developers..a place where I gain my mobile phone firmware from rather than awkward Google stuff. So, community support has emerged.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... s-t4046361

I'm a bit bothered about doing this installation since supply appears to be from China direct...of course thats not going well. Pity, because this Head Unit with Android (+ Car Play adaptor) brings a vast flexibility to ICE. It also appears to spread across multiple car manufacturers.

(This is a slightly earlier vid) Italian..some english:

Last edited by calnorth on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Update to last post which I suspect the italian was trying to show. This vid shows the features of a new ROM (v4... I think?). Its in english but HU display has german functional headings (for Dave):

Functions available and subject to further updates by the look of things:

The firmware is modified from stock...so:

Mod is a modified factory firmware.
I can only be responsible for the changes in the device that I made. All of them are listed in the "List of changes" section.
Everything else, both good and bad, is inherited from the factory firmware.
I try to fix bugs found in the stock, but this I can’t always do it.
If you do not agree with this, do not install this firmware.
On some devices with a PX5 processor, the screen backlight sometimes does not turn on after exiting sleep mode.
After rebooting the device with the RST button or turning off the ignition for about 20-30 seconds, it continues to work.
The same problem exists on the stock and on newer version of the stock

MCU firmare is also required and can be obtained from the supplier...apparently. MCU is middleware that interfaces the Android OS and Dasaita hardware.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Oz_Qai

Post by Oz_Qai »

I installed the Dasaita PX6 Max Android Head unit, best decision I made.

20200609_122402.jpg

sublime_logic
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by sublime_logic »

did you still have the cameras working I bought a 2017 qashqai and i love it the only thing I dislike is the navigation Ive moved from a mondeo which I used android auto which gave me real-time traffic but i dont want to loose the 360 cameras to get my real time traffic information haha
QASHQAI 2017 J11 1.5 dci Tekna