Outside temperature not showing

ICE, Equipment, Options
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Hi guys
My outside temperature is not showing in clocks.
Nothing at all, now my battery went flat a day ago and I had to turn clock back on etc. I never disconnected the battery just used a jump pack , wasn't completely dead but now no outside temperature.
It's J10, can it be reset or is there a fuse or something. Please can anyone help.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its the Outside Air Temperature (OAT) sensor and mounted on the radiator top/front...somewhere? There are no fuses.

Can you reset the centre combination meter in its menus? Or whatever it is on the J10
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Thanks, mate ive found it on the car its P/N 27722AX610, I will have more chance of finding hen's teeth that a new one for sale in the UK lol. No cant see a reset in the menu its very basic on the J10, was gonna try battery disconnect reset but alarm started up or can i disable this prior
I'm sure someone has replaced one before on here, mines just completely blank display where it should be I've seen a video of Note when its flashes for brief second then goes blank, mine does not.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

How do you normally disable the alarm system?

The sensor is nothing very special. Its simply a resistor calibrated to cause the temperature display to read from about -10C to +40C...approx. It can be tested dead easy with a simple multi meter on the resistance range. It should unplug from the harness socket. A contacts clean might help and plugging it back in may jerk the system into life?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Many thanks my friend, I've got it off I haven't got a multimeter I have ordered one will be handy to have.
I've unplugged it and plugged it in quite a few times now, hopefully it's the actual sensor and not anything more serious as my car has duel climate and stop start I've been reading if the sensor is faulty it will effect these features
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Using the key disarms the alarm but not sure that would work without the battery connected will it?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

hkphooey wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:22 pm Using the key disarms the alarm but not sure that would work without the battery connected will it?
The input of the temp sensor appears to be to the combination display only. Can't see it connected to Climate stuff.

I would think disconnecting the battery kills the alarm anyway? Is the alarm Nissan or an off market one? Frankly I'd just disconnect the negative clamp and see. If it doesn't scream leave it off for about 30 minutes.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Please don't do multiple postings
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Thanks.. For your reply I disconnected the negative and it immediately sets the alarm off.. Its in built nissan. Seems strange the display has simply vanished nothing at all, the two dots do not appear then go or even a C or F like I've seen on some you tube videos.
I would like to try leaving battery off but the alarm will go off and I leave it pretty quiet residential area I would get burnt at the stake lol.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Your locking the car then removing the battery, the siren has a built in battery so disconnecting the battery while the vehicle is locked and the alarm is armed will set off the alarm. Disconnect the battery without locking it for half an hour this will be enough to discharge any systems and would reset everything.

Calnorth are you sure temp sensor goes straight to instrument Cluster? I havent looked but I thought it goes to climate control unit aswell then transmitted via CAN? Unless it's one without climate then might actually just go straight to instrument Cluster I'll have a look later.