Outside temperature not showing

ICE, Equipment, Options
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Thanks guys.. I defo have climate I will now try the disconnect and see if that helps really appreciated. Everything as far as I can see is working the aircon seems fine

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

lewisbryant wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:26 am Your locking the car then removing the battery, the siren has a built in battery so disconnecting the battery while the vehicle is locked and the alarm is armed will set off the alarm. Disconnect the battery without locking it for half an hour this will be enough to discharge any systems and would reset everything.

Calnorth are you sure temp sensor goes straight to instrument Cluster? I havent looked but I thought it goes to climate control unit aswell then transmitted via CAN? Unless it's one without climate then might actually just go straight to instrument Cluster I'll have a look later.
Not sure and amongst the J10 service docs its hard to find again. It showed direct 2 wire into the Combination Unit, after that - pass. Diagrams are not 100% accurate anyway

I seem to remember similar problem here with J11 Ambient/Outside sensor. That was in the Climate function...I think?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Yay thanks guys as leaving battery off its now come back... Many thanks all, shame didn't do this earlier as ordered a new sensor lol.
Also a new multimeter tester and broken clip on the sensor, hey ho
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

hkphooey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:43 am Yay thanks guys as leaving battery off its now come back... Many thanks all, shame didn't do this earlier as ordered a new sensor lol.
Also a new multimeter tester and broken clip on the sensor, hey ho
The multimeter is very useful - not much else is.... :oops:
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Thanks mate... Yes it will be many thanks guys, hope wished I had known about the restart before I have been searching the Web for last few days solid.
For anyone's information you pretty much cannot buy these Nissan items online in UK I had to go to a seller in dubai!!
Crazy he is very helpful though was another seller in Spain I think but impossible on ebay or. Co.uk sites
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

hkphooey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:22 am Thanks mate... Yes it will be many thanks guys, hope wished I had known about the restart before I have been searching the Web for last few days solid.
For anyone's information you pretty much cannot buy these Nissan items online in UK I had to go to a seller in dubai!!
Crazy he is very helpful though was another seller in Spain I think but impossible on ebay or. Co.uk sites
Dubai...hopefully that gets on a freight aircraft? And works? Let me know if it doesn't because your meter might come in handy here. Why..because the sensor is a tiny resistor worth about £2. Electronics uses them in many places and they are pretty standard for this subject.

You highlight my prior life with buying cars that spares were/are commonly available for (VW, BMW, Ford etc). I have to review my next car purchase simply because of the situation....Nissan being a prime example. Thats the way the market goes and likely will get worse with Ev. Diesel and Petrol forbidden.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Wise words... Yes the sensor cost £33 paid Inc shipping I think dealers in UK are selling these for twice as much..
Really is crazy that you can't buy nissan parts on the open market
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

hkphooey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:47 am Wise words... Yes the sensor cost £33 paid Inc shipping I think dealers in UK are selling these for twice as much..
Really is crazy that you can't buy nissan parts on the open market
Here's a pic of one and a link explanation. Its a simple piece of physics. A resistor that is named a Thermistor and they are calibrated/made to operate over specific temperature ranges:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermistor

2020-06-09_110128_en.wikipedia.org.png

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

That's interesting many thanks
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

For reference...the rather complicated J10 Auto Climate System as top level schematic diagram. The Outside Temp Sensor (OAT) is to the left. Second diagram is the OAT temperature sensor graph (resistive response in ohms) related to external temperature change. Temp up/Resistance down and ohm meter test pins shown. The internal cabin sensor is similar.

Screenshot from 2020-06-10 12-38-14.png

Screenshot from 2020-06-10 12-11-37.png

Last edited by calnorth on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta