Upgrade SD satnav to non-SD satnav

ICE, Equipment, Options
Willow5
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Re: Upgrade SD satnav to non-SD satnav

Post by Willow5 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:05 pm

I would, it is probably 30 minutes labour if that

Cod
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Post by Cod » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Willow5 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:05 pm
I would, it is probably 30 minutes labour if that
Yep!

What dealer did you ask? Just so I can counter their price :lol:
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci

Willow5

Post by Willow5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 am

Hi, I have studied all the wiring suggestions here and I cannot work out why pin 40 of M49 (ILLUMINATION -) is wired to pin 17 of M186 (IGN).

Also what happens to pin 18 of M48 (speed signal) ? Isn't this used ? I thought it was used to disable the camera above a certain speed. Can someone who has done this mod kindly advise whether the camera button is disabled while the car is moving?

Thank you

Willow5

Post by Willow5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:01 pm

Hi all, so today I finally wired everything uo and it boots to the locked screen. It says Red as well, not sure what that means? I tried the glitch technique as mentioned in the earlier post but I cannot even get it to glitch. Does the radio need to be in the locked condition when hitting the camera button or can the screen be completely off? I can briefly see DAB for a split second before it goes to the locked state so maybe I connected everything correctly!

Cod
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Post by Cod » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Willow5 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:01 pm
Hi, I have studied all the wiring suggestions here and I cannot work out why pin 40 of M49 (ILLUMINATION -) is wired to pin 17 of M186 (IGN).

Also what happens to pin 18 of M48 (speed signal) ? Isn't this used ? I thought it was used to disable the camera above a certain speed. Can someone who has done this mod kindly advise whether the camera button is disabled while the car is moving?

Thank you

Hi all, so today I finally wired everything uo and it boots to the locked screen. It says Red as well, not sure what that means? I tried the glitch technique as mentioned in the earlier post but I cannot even get it to glitch. Does the radio need to be in the locked condition when hitting the camera button or can the screen be completely off? I can briefly see DAB for a split second before it goes to the locked state so maybe I connected everything correctly!
Hey!

As far as i can remember it was because they were both illumination on my diagram and the amps matched (5A i think)

Speed wire isn't used as far as I was told. I'll have to give it a test with when I next go out to fiddle with it, never though about the cameras turning off,

For the glitch to work, i generally do it in accessory mode, but have had it working with the engine running. (Had park assist working)

- Turn car on
- Put in reverse straight away
- Press the camera button and cycle the different views
- When you hear the music you know it's working
- Put in neutral (or park)
- Cameras usually stay on the screen at this point
- Press the home button. If that doesn't work put in reverse and take it out again

I'm going to pop the wiring diagrams i'm using below
38. Sound System - from June 2018 - A-IVI Navigation.pdf
(883.64 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
37 Sound System - from June 2017 - Navigation.pdf
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci