Upgrade SD satnav to non-SD satnav

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Symptomatic of a tight power budget on the USB hub?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

incipient

Post by incipient »

EdjOne wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 am Hi everyone, very cool project, also busy on on it.
Have few questions, why not use 43 & 44 (M49 socket)
Look here

Screenshot_20200912-152041_Gallery.jpg

Omy

Post by Omy »

Cod wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:22 pm Just updating this as i've had a chance to test the unit more since finding I can glitch it into working without being coded. It can become slow and glitchy but what can you expect when it's not coded.
just curious, i just finished the harness, how did you manage to glitch it into working?

Still have to make an appointment to get it coded.

And find a new microphone apparently. With the mic, is the map light wiring ready for the mod, or did you just replace the microphone in your existing unit?

Judging by the pictures, the connectors are different. So.. did you just run an additional wire to the headunit all the way from the map light?
EdjOne
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EdjOne »

@incipient

So, as per drawing is mentioned, but on your connector 28 & 29 pin wholes are empty, No need to use? left them empty? correct?

Also, pin 39 is not use on your connector.

2829.png

Cod

Post by Cod »

Omy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm
Cod wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:22 pm Just updating this as i've had a chance to test the unit more since finding I can glitch it into working without being coded. It can become slow and glitchy but what can you expect when it's not coded.
just curious, i just finished the harness, how did you manage to glitch it into working?

Still have to make an appointment to get it coded.

And find a new microphone apparently. With the mic, is the map light wiring ready for the mod, or did you just replace the microphone in your existing unit?

Judging by the pictures, the connectors are different. So.. did you just run an additional wire to the headunit all the way from the map light?

It's a bit hit and miss but:

connect everything up then put the car in accessory mode (press start but don't start the car)
put the car in reverse
keep pressing the camera button
give it about 30 seconds then take it out of reverse. The cameras should stay on.
press home, it might turn black
press camera again and then home
at some point it will go to the home screen and work but be slow

if at any point it shows the locked screen, just turn the car off, open the door and disconnect then reconnect the stereo.

I managed to test everything, even the auto park.

As for the mic, you'll need the whole unit, the mic is a completely different shape and size so won't fit in the old unit.

For the extra 2 wires, yes, I'll run a 2 core cable down the A pillar to the wiring harness.

unfortunately i've got to wait longer to get mine coded now. Parts for warranty work hadn't arrived and will take another 2-3 weeks (I don't think they'd actually ordered them)
Gone... 2018 Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci 4x4 Metallic Red
Replaced With... 2019 Qashqai Tekna 1.7Dci 4x4 Pearlescent Storm White
Cod

Post by Cod »

EdjOne wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:14 am

1. Carplay

Nissan have done something with the new usb port, meaning when I connect the new head unit with the old usb port, Carplay will not work. The phone connects, then disconnect straight away. There are 2 solutions to this, either buy the new USB port or split the USB cable and provide a separate 5v power source for the phone. (A lot easier than it sounds)

I've currently tested splitting the usb cable. All I did was buy a Mini usb extension lead, cut it in half, re-connect the data cables and connect a USB A + & - cables to the + & - cables heading off to the USB port. (the + & - going back to the headunit aren't used). I then connect my usb A to a car usb charger.

As soon as i plugged my phone in I got CarPlay set up and working. If i don't buy the new usb port, i'll set this up below the centre console and use a car charger connected to the back of the 12v port.

I tested this today and it worked perfectly

Did you try with Carplay only? I'm interesting with Android Auto, does modification also required....
I've not got an Android phone to try unfortunately.

I did get a new style usb and it doesn't do anything, where the old usb at least shows a connection to the headunit.

I'm not bother to do anymore unit I can get it coded now as i'm assuming it'll fix the issue.

If you've any question on the wiring harness, let me know!
incipient

Post by incipient »

EdjOne wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 pm @incipient

So, as per drawing is mentioned, but on your connector 28 & 29 pin wholes are empty, No need to use? left them empty? correct?

Also, pin 39 is not use on your connector.
You have x-trail. This pins for qashqai. Don't worry))
EdjOne

Post by EdjOne »

Cod wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:22 pm

I did get a new style usb and it doesn't do anything, where the old usb at least shows a connection to the headunit.

I'm not bother to do anymore unit I can get it coded now as i'm assuming it'll fix the issue.

could you made drawing how to upgrade USB to support AA or CP
Cod

Post by Cod »

EdjOne wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 am

could you made drawing how to upgrade USB to support AA or CP
This is the cable I put behind the head unit while testing

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 22.42.19.png

EdjOne

Post by EdjOne »

This is the cable I put behind the head unit while testing
thanks, now is clear)