Sat nav question for avoiding toll fee?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gobear
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Gobear »

I have Qashqai 2020 model from Australia and I seem cannot find tnt section in the Sat nav where I can avoid the toll paying fee other than showing fastest, shortest and eco route. The previous 2 other car brand def. has this option but not sure why this one does not have it

Ps: what is Eco route means?

Your answer and direction would be very much appreciated. Thanks

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gobear, firstly welcome to you in Australia from the UK Forum - Dave 😉
I have never heard of this “Toll Paying” in the QQ and we have had the older J11A and now the J11B. Did you previously have a Nissan or QQ ?. I am aware that usually like in the US you can privately get a Electronic setup done and we live in Germany and if we travel to Austria we can obtain a Paid Sticker which is scanned or we get fined. I could well be wrong and I am sure somebody will correct me.

“Although Germany has a relatively large amount of high-quality motorway sections and tolls are obliged to pay only the drivers of vehicles with a weight of 7,5 tons above. Payment can be done after registration by an automatic system Toll Collect, over the internet or through terminals located directly on the motorway sections. For drivers of motorcycles, cars and trucks to 7,5 tons and buses passage of motorway sections in Germany for free.”

Eco Route : Fastest route - the route which takes the least time. Shortest route - the shortest distance between the locations you set. This may not be the quickest route, especially if the shortest route is through a town or city. Most eco-friendly route - the most fuel-efficient route for your trip.
I am not sure if this was of help or not !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

The previous iteration of the Sat Nav allowed us to choose some aspects of a proposed route.
It certainly allowed the choice of motorway or non-motorway and I’m pretty sure it also allowed you to avoid toll roads (it certainly worked for the M6 toll road).
Whether that function remains in the latest version, I don’t know.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Gobear

Post by Gobear »

Hi Dave and Mike

Thanks for the reply

My car is this ST-L model 2020

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/brow ... tions.html

Maybe it is different from Europe but as in Sydney, they have some toll like harbour bridge toll, harbour tunnel, M2, M5 etc and in the sat nav section, there is no part that says "Avoid toll" or similar setting
I know my other Toyota brand has it but strangely it doesn't have it
It only has Fastest, Eco and Shortest route and I kinda tested each and then I look at the turning direction and it shows me to the toll area, which i do not want

Any idea?

Thanks
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

There is a setting to "Minimize Toll Roads":

Capture.JPG

I'm not sure what "Minimize" means in that context - possibly if there isn't an alternative route?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

You can also set it to sound a warning if you're approaching a toll booth:

Capture2.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)