Sat nav avoiding motorways

ICE, Equipment, Options
benjus
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by benjus »

Hi,

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but somehow never get around to it.

I have a j10b QQ from 2013, the 360 model with Nissan Connect 1 media system.

A while back (maybe a year - not sure really) the sat nav, for no obvious reason, decided that it didn't like motorways any more. Any time I try to plan a journey it tries to take me on a route avoiding motorways. If I drive onto a motorway anyway (or start the route from a motorway) it knows I'm there, but it tries to get me off it as quickly as possible. It's like I've activated an "avoid motorways" setting, but I can't see any such setting in the system. This is very annoying as it's effectively useless for any longer distance trip.

The only change I've made to the system was to replace the SD card with one I bought from eBay, but that was almost 3 years ago and the problem hasn't been around for that long. I tried with the original SD card and it didn't make any difference.

benjus
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by benjus »

Well I feel really stupid now. I just had another look and I found the "Avoid motorways" option and of course it was On. I thought I'd been through every setting in the system, but somehow I missed the Nav->Options screen. I can't believe how long I've lived with this problem when it was so simple to fix. D'oh.
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Easy to do with so many "menus" and "options" within.....we've all been there!!
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Make sure you have the "Avoid reading the handbook" option unselected too! :D :D :D
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)