Dash Camera Fitted

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I managed to fit the in car dash camera this weekend. The difficult part is removing the glove box. You need to disconnect the piston/damper on the right hand side by pushing to the right.Then grab the left and right side of the glove box and really pull hard towards you, there is a lot of resistance but it will come out of the two plastic clip retainers. Then push the two top stopper lugs inwards and this will allow it to drop out completely.I removed the 5amp fuse bottom row, third from right which is ignition protected, using a micro piggy back fuse with 2 x 5amp fuses to protect the original and the added circuit, earthling is easy by loosening the screw on the metal plate.Remove the plastic cover on the left side of the dashboard which will allow you to thread the cigar lighter into this position, I attached a plastic wire tie with some foam behind the lighter to hold in place.Thread the camera wire behind the rubber door seal upwards and then behind the roof liner, place the camera in a suitable position and bring the cable to it.Check it works with the ignition on and tidy everything up.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Thanks for that. This is why the forum is so helpfull to us all. When I get mine this is the main addition I want to make.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Nicely done Jon.
Nissan no more...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

JonGood explanation, one, actually a couple, question(s). Did you use the cigar lighter plug on the end of the CCTV power lead or simply cut it off attach the wires? If you retained the plug is there a good reason to do so?Thanks
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="PeterL"]JonGood explanation, one, actually a couple, question(s). Did you use the cigar lighter plug on the end of the CCTV power lead or simply cut it off attach the wires? If you retained the plug is there a good reason to do so?Thanks[/QUOTE]
As you probably know the camera needs 5volts to run it and has a cig. lighter male connected fitted on purchasing. Once you tap into the 12 volt fuse you need to get it back down to 5volt hence the fitting of the cig. lighter socket. This is crimped via a bullet connector to the live lead and earthed. The original camera lighter plug fits into the new cig lighter socket and then works as if it was plugged into the QQ socket, but of course you would then have all the wires on display.Doing it this way you get a neat job and still have the QQ cig. lighter sockets to use for other items you may be using. Hope this explains ok....Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Having cut the plug off my lead before fitting you had me worried enough to rush home and get the manual out, mine requires a 12-24V DC supply so it's hard wired without the cigar plug and still working...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
korky

Post by korky »

Out of interest Jon which dash cam did you go with
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="korky"]Out of interest Jon which dash cam did you go with [/QUOTE]After a lot of research I finally chose the
Next Base 402G Professional. The HD quality is superb and the tracking software showing road you are on, time, speed etc. is great when you look at it on your computer
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="jonceebee"] [quote="korky"]Out of interest Jon which dash cam did you go with [/QUOTE]After a lot of research I finally chose the
Next Base 402G Professional. The HD quality is superb and the tracking software showing road you are on, time, speed etc. is great when you look at it on your computer[/QUOTE]

Great thanks - been looking for one myself and just can't decide so am going to go with a recommendation.

Did you buy from Amazon, eBay etc?
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

[quote="jonceebee"][quote="korky"]Out of interest Jon which dash cam did you go with [/QUOTE]After a lot of research I finally chose the
Next Base 402G Professional. The HD quality is superb and the tracking software showing road you are on, time, speed etc. is great when you look at it on your computer[/QUOTE]You have had no problems with the heated windscreen and GPS signal?My Roadhawk GPS does not work very well in my Kuga, I notice their latest version has an add on external GPS.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.