SATNAV / EIRCODES

ICE, Equipment, Options
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Billgo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:39 pm Yesw, Andy, I have done this, actually tried it a few times. The problem is when I try reloading it back to the satnav I get the fault message outlined above.
is that when it tells you that there is 31 updates when you put the usb into the pc.
i would try useing another usb stick just incase it don`t like that make of usb. make sure you format it to fat32 in windows and try again then download every update thats on offer

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Billgo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:46 am Correct site, as used.
ok not sure if the will change anything but it`s work a try :)

https://apps.nissan.navshop.com/en_ie/
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Billgo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:39 pm Yesw, Andy, I have done this, actually tried it a few times. The problem is when I try reloading it back to the satnav I get the fault message outlined above.
Hi Billgo...if you sent a message you may have pressed the wrong button. Send a test one again if you want.

As regards some posts here I'm not much interested if its Carplay or what...I simply need to know that it isn't Connect 3 (or 2) as video below. That uses a Nav SDcard and cannot be updated by a owner...routinely. So forget all that

The USB problem you have appears to be similar to some tests I conducted earlier. USB Sticks work on PCs commonly but not on Nissan boxes..often. That has some causes that frankly frustrate us. So as with my findings your issue boils down to:

1. Incompatible USB stick...for Nissan and other cars by the look of it.
2. Wrong file...somehow. File corrupt or incorrectly referenced

So...eliminate item 1 - use another USB Stick at max 32GB. I get success from Sandisk. Kingston not so much. I ony use 16GB sticks as things get inconsistent at higher storage. I'm talking about the box pictured below...not yours.
See if the full map reset and load works. The aim is to clear/configure Map memory space and any other space used by the uploaded file.

Item 2..Can you tell the difference in the 31 regional file names. I'm trying to find out if they are uniquely identified here.

Video below:
See the SD logo at the top right. This is not the unit that we are discussing here. It has appeared in late cars from 2018 though... to the surprise of owners.

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Following on....after a laborious read around. Try clearing (getting rid of map junk) the Nav box as alluded to in my last post.... I'm thinking that your error message may be that your Nav box is out of memory. Is it the case that an upload auto clears or configures map memory correctly...always?

Clearing the Maps out of the Nav box and trying to get to a factory clean state...lets say:

HOW TO DELETE A MAP
Start the Map Update Tool application on your computer.
Insert your USB stick into your computer.
Note: Your computer must be connected to the internet.
Select MANAGE MAPS.
Select which maps you want to delete.
Select DELETE MAPS. The Delete button shows the number of maps you selected.
Note: The map is marked as pending deletion. The map is deleted when you insert the USB stick into your Navigation System.
Insert the USB stick in your vehicle's Navigation System and follow the on-screen instructions.

Tip: You can do multiple map management activities at the same time, for example adding and updating maps.

The above comes from the menu at the right lower side of the updating page:

https://apps.nissan.navshop.com/en_gb/s ... updatetool

Back to the original question since TomTom logo is shown. I'd say Post codes (area) are embedded (map linked) by TomTom and I can't see anything about Post Code additions subsequent to any map update. Unless a separate menu option exists on the Nav Box itself?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

Calnorth, thank you for all the info. There are lots of maps loaded on there that I very much will ever be used by me, i.e. Balkan, Balkan States, Belarus, Cyprus, Czech/Slov./Hungary, Finland, Norway/Iceland, Turkey Ukraine, European Oceans, and that leaves quite a few.

I will try your suggestions and report back.

At the moment the car nav system is showing 1.71gb free of 18.93gb.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Billgo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:13 pm Gloucester, I have not tried a "Full Map Reset"
May I politely ask why not?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Billgo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:07 am Calnorth, thank you for all the info. There are lots of maps loaded on there that I very much will ever be used by me, i.e. Balkan, Balkan States, Belarus, Cyprus, Czech/Slov./Hungary, Finland, Norway/Iceland, Turkey Ukraine, European Oceans, and that leaves quite a few.

I will try your suggestions and report back.

At the moment the car nav system is showing 1.71gb free of 18.93gb.
That memory figure maybe significant...close to a limit? Anyway junk the junk.... :lol:
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

Gloucester, thank you for your input. At the moment I am holding off on a "Full Map Reset" in case I loose the Eircode that I can access at the moment.

I will make a random list of various Eircodes around Ireland and see if there is any pattern in that maybe some counties are excluded.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Billgo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:48 am Gloucester, thank you for your input. At the moment I am holding off on a "Full Map Reset" in case I loose the Eircode that I can access at the moment.

I will make a random list of various Eircodes around Ireland and see if there is any pattern in that maybe some counties are excluded.
Plot thickening?
Looks like EIRCode is issuing a new place code database (update) Aug 2020. Seems to be quarterly stuff. Didn't realise they represent distinct properties (places). Logically... it maybe that since Nissan maps are dated late 2017 (constructed/issued?) then searching for a property that didn't have an EIRCode (didn't exist or required) but latterly has one issued will not help our navigation.

Same principle for me and POI's nailing a distinct place/position rather than area post code. The Connect 3 UK post codes aren't good because I think its the same map info as Billgo has...at least 18 months old. You often see that complaint about the SDcard updates here for 2017 Connect Nav Boxes. eg..." I got a new map update and OMG, its way back when/then"?

So, an EIRCode is a POI masked as a distinct place postcode.....thats my take on it. And Nissan (TomTom) is way out of date now. I'll check my Garmin 2598 soon as that seems to get updated per 3 months. Always needs charging...yawn.

For you sailors, walkers, hikers and fliers......waypoint(s).

To give the Nissan Nav Box (Connect 3) a commend though...you can ( I do) enter Lat/Long (waypoints) in a separate menu, thus gaining a very accurate place code.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

Calnorth you were quite correct with dumping the junk, I deleted 14 maps, and free space increased to 6Gb. I then updated UK North / Ireland and UK South and this loaded into the satnav.

The only downside is that it seems my Eircode are not available, but as you say, if there is an upgrade in August this might correct same.

Eircodes are peculiar, my Eircode is T23.... followed by 2 more letters and 2 numbers. My next door neighbour would have T23... but the following letters and numbers bear no relationship to mine.

Again thank you for all your research and help.

Regards, Bill.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.