CD player not loading CD's

ICE, Equipment, Options
jamessteel100
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by jamessteel100 »

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem. The CD player on my 2018 Qashqai N-connecta (bought last Tuesday) isn't working. When a CD is put into the slot it detects it and pulls it in. A "CD loading" message appears on the screen and there is a whirring sound which comes on and off about three times. After maybe 15 or 20 seconds the CD is ejected. I'm assuming the CD's should be loaded with the active/shiny side down (though I've actually tried both sides to the same effect). I've tried about 8 different CD's so I know its the player not the disks. Quite frustrating - I know CD's are old-tech these days but I have quite a lot of them I enjoy listening to! Any suggestions before I take it to a dealer?

Thanks,
James

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its a guess but its possible the laser head (lens) is dirty or a related fault exists. Meaning the CD unit can't read the disc leading to a disc reject. Perhaps a cleaning disc may help? Other than that its a dealer job I'd say.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

James, you made the Alarm Bells Ring with your comment as I have never tried our CD Player in the new QQ as the Apple Car Play / iPhone stuff is around. But checked I it out and ours works. Colin could well be correct as we have a Bose Home Sound System and a couple of times I have had to put a Cleaning CD in which done the job - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jamessteel100

Post by jamessteel100 »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try a CD cleaning disk. I suppose as CD players hardly get used and the vehicle was an ex-rental so might not have been used at all, it wouldn't be surprising if there is dirt on the lens (I always remember in the 80's my parents old VHS player stopped working and when I took it apart I found a giant dead spider on the magnetic reading heads!)