Moaning / Threads that run out of control

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

All,I am finding it increasingly frustrating that some users continually make posts either deliberately (aka trolling), or wanting to get something off their chest because they spent >17k on a car without doing their research. This then leads to other people responding, in a "walls up defensive" kind of manor. Types of posts like:"What's good about the QQ" or "What's the worst thing about the QQ" or "I want to moan about the lack of illuminated window switches" or "why didn't Nissan fit a washer bottle low level warning light" and so forth. Are now going to be locked and binned as soon as I see them to try and curb the school play ground like behaviour which has caused the loss of some long standing members who have also taken away their substantial knowledge. Without these types of dedicated members of the forum, its pointless to continue. Yes, sometimes these posts are useful for future buyers doing research, however the present trade off with bitching is just not worth it. There is going to be a 0 tolerance on this, however you may appeal via PM to me for the thread to be re-instated (if available) In addition, threads which take a sudden turn for the worse where people say "whats the point in doing that" which results in non-favourable responses, like what happened in the stop start disable thread will also be locked, cleaned up and re-instated to keep the useful information. Again a 0 tolerance approach on this will be taken and posts If there is a problem you are looking for a SOLUTION for, then the thread will be kept. In addition, if anybody has a problem with a thread, please PM me, or use the report button to flag it up. Sometimes I do miss things and before you know it the thread has run its course with people having a massive falling out. Come on all, the user base on here must be easily 30 years upwards, start acting your age a little and take a step back and think before you post! Anybody who does not like this rule, can you please use the log off button in the top right hand corner of the screen and not return. ThanksSteve

Qash

Post by Qash »

People need to talk and to disagree sometimes. That£s democracy is all about. 0 tolerance for insult and rude behavior its very good but let people air opinions and what its good and bad about our QQ. I understand admins responsibility to keep it clean but free and open forum are far more important.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Deleted User 759

I have tried to let that happen, but it has not worked. 0 tolerance for a while may help calm things down. Its the only thing I have not tried yet! In addition, this forum invites you to post following a set of rules. As I said above, we like to have these opinions about what's good and bad, however EVERY SINGLE TIME it ends up in a bitch fight. Hence my new stance on the matter. If somebody is after a solution to a problem, then fair enough, but if I see that the thread is just another moaning thread, its going!Without further rights on the forum, my actions are limited to deleting/cleaning threads. The forum owner on the other hand does but does not log in all that often. Maybe that needs to change somehow?SplanK2015-02-07 14:59:49
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I totally understand where you are coming from SplanK
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

SplanK is between a rock and a hard place with this, but I do agree with the comment by Qash. There must be a better solution to all this.
Deleted User 759

Maybe a better way for people to review their car as a whole to get their point across, rather than little bullet points all over the place, they could just do a full on review of the car.... this would make much more sense... however I dare say most can't be bothered. It does seem to be a small minority, who are "young members" that plant the seed that grows, but even with people saying "ignore them", its difficult not to once that seed has germinated.
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

Hello Splank.
Some people are just rude, always will be.
Alot of people complain or "moan" but this is often met by a swift and abrupt defence by other member which often inflames or offends. There are two sides to every story.

Why did Nissan not fit a washer bottle level sensor or dipstick?
Its a fair question and observation and one that is not apparent when researching a new car.
Its even in the handbook that it is fitted! A point for discusion i have to say.

Zero tollerance for abuse and offensive posts - 100% Support
Deciding who is right and wrong in a discussion - This is not your job.
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

[quote="Eddzilla"] Hello Splank.
Some people are just rude, always will be.
Alot of people complain or "moan" but this is often met by a swift and abrupt defence by other member which often inflames or offends. There are two sides to every story.

Why did Nissan not fit a washer bottle level sensor or dipstick?
Its a fair question and observation and one that is not apparent when researching a new car.
Its even in the handbook that it is fitted! A point for discusion i have to say.

Zero tollerance for abuse and offensive posts - 100% Support
Deciding who is right and wrong in a discussion - This is not your job.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you Eddzilla

I personally do not have a problem with this forum in fact I think it's Great!

Some people do tend to shoot from the hip and some get a little confused, the forum reflets life imo
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I tend to agree with Grocer Jack. I doubt that we really have any Trolls on here just a bunch of guys who think they know it all and perhaps a little over zealous in both making and protecting their point of view.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
coeb12

Post by coeb12 »

[quote="PeterL"]I tend to agree with Grocer Jack. I doubt that we really have any Trolls on here just a bunch of guys who think they know it all and perhaps a little over zealous in both making and protecting their point of view.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree up to a point, although I do find it strange that somebody who doesn't even have a qashqai (tag reads along the lines of "order cancelled some months ago due to delivery date been continuously put back") would continue to post. If other members are all posting on forums for cars they have never owned then maybe I'm the odd one out.However I suppose it's their time and they can do as they please with it.
Tekna 1.5dci pearl white ordered 01.09.14 delivered 24.11.14 Thermaclear, auto fold wing mirrors, panoramic roof, spare wheel as standard. After market mud flaps