Logging On

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Seems every time I go away for some reason this site forgets me and when I try to log on tells me incorrect password and I have to log on with a new password. Not too much problem except the temporary password provided last time was 54 characters long. Any ideas?
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qashowner, suggest you drop a pm to Rob explain your situation and I am sure he will sort the problem for you - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Thanks Dave, will do.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Rob
Site Admin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Rob »

Without being rude, if the site is displaying a message saying you've entered an incorrect password, its because you have.

A possible cause for this is if you're using Chrome or Internet Explorer to save your password, and the password saved is wrong. Or you're using a password manager, and again the password manager has the wrong password saved.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

No, it's when I go away and try to log on with either my iphone or pad with the correct password it tells me it's wrong. When I then get home and use my main computer it also tells me the password is wrong and I have done nothing to change it and I have to go through changing my password to a new one and at my age it's very easy to forget :D So, no password change from either of my mobile devices but I am also forgotten on my main computer, and iMac using chrome or safari.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I’m sorry but the forum won’t change your password when you log out. All I can say is you must be putting the wrong password in.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Still having problems. My Mac operating system was recently updated and I was logged out of all my sites I use. On logging in to this site only, I am told the password is incorrect even though I have not changed it and I have it memorised by the computer and it is only this site. Very strange.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There is an odd login sequence that from time to time I've experienced:

If I click login at the top right hand corner of the page a login panel appears and is populated for username and password with a blue login box. On click of this login box I get this warning page:

Login

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Below this warning in red is a another login box which on click logs me in correctly without any credentials change.

So its a two step login operation for some reason? Remember Me needs to be ticked I suspect..can't remember?

There's also a time delay on this. If logout and login within a few seconds the login is successful on other occasions up pops the red warning again?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I still go with a possible cause for this is if you're using Chrome or Internet Explorer to save your password, and the password saved is wrong. Or you're using a password manager, and again the password manager has the wrong password saved.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Using either Opera or Safari, have both on the Mac and both give the same. Not too much of a problem, just when I need to change the password for new log in, the temporary password given is mamouth as stated before, 54 characters long