Aggravating noise

Bodywork & Interior problems
PRC1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by PRC1 »

Hi All, driving along in my 2019 qashqai and noticed a rattling vibrating sort of noise which seems to be coming from the dash area but isn't constant it comes and go's, anybody had similar and shed some light as to what it may be ? Thanks.

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Had that too once... drove me mad... turned out to be something at the bottom of the driver door storage area I had forgotten about and couldn't see.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Can you post a video as there are a few known problems
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

PRC1, firstly welcome to the Forum. Take a look at these old posts which might help you or look deeper in “Search” - Dave 😊

Noise from Dashboard/Radio Area : viewtopic.php?t=7017&start=10

Sound in front around The Dashboard : viewtopic.php?t=5790
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

PRC1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 pm Hi All, driving along in my 2019 qashqai and noticed a rattling vibrating sort of noise which seems to be coming from the dash area but isn't constant it comes and go's, anybody had similar and shed some light as to what it may be ? Thanks.
I have a rattle coming from the top of the dash to the right hand side of the steering wheel. To stop the rattle I have to place my hand on top of the dashboard near the window vent. It’s going in on Monday to be looked at, on the motorway the rattle drives me crazy.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Mrlabtec
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mrlabtec »

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

usually an air vent - my dealer has fitted several
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Unfortunately the cabin/dashboard on the QQ and indeed other models in Nissan's range uses lots of plastic panels that clip together, as most know that during cold weather most of these rattle, then during the summer most rattles disappear.
I must admit that what I have performed to eliminate rattles and squeaks to some folks may sound OTT.
Due to the amount of rattles and squeaks that we had with our car, one dry day I armed myself with a couple of screw drivers, scissors, plastic trim removal tools, couple of packets of padded door card clips, and a few yards of sticky back 5mm wide felt.
I removed virtually all of the dashboard plastic trim pannels, including the glove box, stereo panel, climate control panel, all of the air vents, central lower console, armrest, door cards including all of their plastic pieces (piano black trim, window switches etc)
Applied small strips of the felt to where I assumed that squeaks and rattles would come from, I removed all of the OE plastic door card clips and replaced them with clips that have neoprene cushioning to eliminate rattles.
Overkill? But since doing this our QQ interior is solid and totally silent, even during winter.
To anyone wishing to remove any interior trim I advise getting a set of cheap plastic trim removal tools, they won't mark the trim (as long as you're careful of course)
and a little patience.
I also sacrificed a couple of cheap yellow sponges (car washing sponge)
Whilst the lower dash and central console was dismantled I placed pieces of sponge to various parts inside the dash area, especially the pipework for the heating/air conditioning, these are well known to knock together.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
denthomp77

Post by denthomp77 »

Brilliant thank you! I have a couple of noises that come and go on the passenger side - especially annoying as you can't check what is making the noise whilst driving! I have stuffed some foam into a few of the joins with minor success, but then another will randomly appear. Similar approach without taking it all apart - but great advice - I will do so if I can't get to a bearable level!