Tint wrap interior lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

What?? Yes! I tint wrapped my interior lights.
Not because I was bored to dead with this whole lock down thing but for two main reasons.

1) my new Ntec edition has a black interior and strange enough the didn't think of using lamp lenses that would fit in better than those contrasting standard white/transparant ones :roll:

2) I do love the white tone of the LED bulbs I used before but they were really bright. Aquarium-like bright. In very bright environments as in a well lighted city street this isn't to much of an issue. But in the rural area were it get black as h*** it works as good as drinking 5 Redbulls in 10s :shock: :lol:

I played a bit with the different solutions and came to tint wrapping.
Here my project;

Cheers
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lapalmeraie Hi again, last night I got a Heads Up from YouTube that there was a new video and it turned out be yours. My first impressions were why change the Internal Lights to LED ‘s and now Cover the Lenses with Black Foil. OK now you have stated your reason, but personally I like the Internal LED’s and Ambient Lighting Effect we have had in both our QQ’s.

I am not sure if all the Forum Members are aware that there are lots of YouTube QQ videos for advice and modifications like yours. But there does now seem to be a lot of competition regarding QQ’s especially between yourself with over 70 and “Cars Vs Cars” with over 40, but unfortunately some are double ups on the same subject. Naturally there are many more when you look.

Do not get me wrong this is not a Negative Comment as a lot of these videos are informative and “Priceless” - Thanks Dave 🙏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Hi Dave

I'm even glad that you mention this. Some time ago I also did a video on this copycat subject.

Don't get me wrong, it's a free world and YT doesn't belong to me, but I find it quite useless to make a new video if it already exist and is well explained. I therefor only make YT vids if its NEW or DIFFERENT.
Not all people think like this and they even copy without respecting the creator licence.
I did signal it to YT but as he makes the same version but by his own, it isn't seen as a copy... :(

Well, this said, be your own judges. I can only say that it is very frustrating. Don't forget he does has his subs and does make quite some many on those video adds as well!

He is not the only one (but the worst). Discovered a new channel recently, that even copies my thumbnails but in mirror :roll:

I let it go and focus on my own stuff.

So yes, it is quite a "strange" mod, but within this black interior it does really look nice and the LED isn't as agressive any longer. Even if you get used to it after some time.

Cheers
Niek
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Hi Lapalmeraie. I've just got the Ntec in storm white a couple of weeks ago. I like the thought of coordinating the lenses internally with the smoked glass ones on the exterior. Nice video.

Thanks for posting, Alan
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Thanks Alan!!
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

DaveBerlin wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 amBut there does now seem to be a lot of competition regarding QQ’s especially between yourself with over 70 and “Cars Vs Cars” with over 40, but unfortunately some are double ups on the same subject. Naturally there are many more when you look.
And what did a saw appearing yesterday on that channel... a video on dynamic turn lights in de mirrors... where did I saw that before... :roll: :lol:

Will post two new videos in the next week. Both on new features of this edition that you will like (and can't be copied without having the same car :mrgreen: )
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Niek, well it looks like you were correct it’s just been flagged on YouTube by me - Dave 😕

Cars vs Cars : Qashqai J11 Tutorial How To Install New Led Dynamic Turn Signal :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

I rest my case :roll:

Bricor2011

Post by Bricor2011 »

Hi, does anyone know how I can find the colour code for the silver metallic mirrors on my 2020 Tekna + ?
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Hi Niek, I've followed your video this weekend and tinted my internal lenses after fitting led bulbs. This was one of the cheapest and best mods I've done so far. Really pleased with the results.

Keep up with the good work in your videos.

Thanks again for the inspiration, Alan.
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White