Folding Mirror Stop mechanism

Bodywork & Interior problems
andyleadbetter
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by andyleadbetter »

The Drivers side folding door mirror unit got hit by a falling branch over the weekend, luckily noone got hurt, but it knocked the mirror off the mountings. I was able to put the thing back together at the roadside, and all seems ok, apart from needing to replace the mirror glass which cracked. The camera, indicators and movements all seem to work fine, but we have a problem with the auto fold.

The fold out is fine, and the mirror unit opens to the correct place, but the fold in seems to be over running, and stops only when the plastic surround is against the drivers window glass. How is the close position detected, and did I lose something on the roadside when putting it all back together? I can live without the folding mechanism, and have turned it off in the vehicle settings for now, but would like to know how to fix it.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Andy, it sounds like some form of mechanical stop has broken or been dislodged with the result of an over ride of the Mirror. As you mention you can use “As is”, Strip it Down to identify the problem or pop down to a “Breakers” and purchase a “Used” one. If you have good contact with your Dealer ask the Stores Guy if he can print out an “Assembly” Drawing, it might work - Dave 🤗
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken