Front wiper not clearing all of screen

Bodywork & Interior problems
dave

Post by dave »

Hi All ,The image is of the passenger side wind screen at eye sight level ,ime 6ft,as you can see vision for the passenger when rain or road muck is thrown on to sceen is very limited.This is on my LHD QQ,could you RHD drivers check the swept area on your passenger side windscreens,to confirm you have the same restricted view,thanks for that. Will be forewarding a further image regarding rear door seal.Dave
jamo

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Pretty much the same. but to me it's a non issue. as long as the driver has clear vision it doesn't matter.
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

dave, your comments are always worthwhile as ours will also be a L. Hander being in Germany. Are you saying you think there could be a difference in the Sweep of the Wiper Arm between LH & RH Drives or just questioning it ?. Because when you look at the Position of the Wiper (I looked at several pics - no QQ yet) it does look exactly in the middle of the Rear Hatch and therefore should not be different unless it has some crazy sweep action - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Pic of RHD blade Sweep passenger: Afraid sweep zone none too clear, but is poor for passenger IMO, unless very shorton LHD & RHD. Wipers in service park position as revealed in this forum though not in manual,and not known of by my dealer either, but useful when car cleaning.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

dave, Whoops got it wrong I thought it was the Rear not the Front that is embarrassing.?Y?? But the comments will be worthwhile as Gel says it looks to be the same for both - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
john w

Post by john w »

Don't see the issue excuse to keep car cleanjohn w2014-07-03 13:50:03
dave

Post by dave »

Got nothing to do with keeping the car clean,if your following a lorry throwing up crap ,do you get out every 5 minutes to clear the screen,while i am at it ,i cannot lift up the drivers side wiper without coming into contact with the bonnet,i would assume not every QQ has this problem,or do you have to lift the bonnet to do this.Looking at the wiper configuration ,when parked it looks as though the blades are fitted a bit low down especially the driver side ,which means the bonnet edge interfears with the wiper when lifting.DB give us a shout when you take deliverey,well pleased with ours,did you see my remarks and picture re rear door seal strange one this water just poured in,ive got the answer though JW i will only take it out when the sun is shining.Dave
jamo
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Dave, it's well documented that you need to put wipers into park mode to lift them.I think the issue is minor, all the cars I've driven have had less visibility on the passenger side, some more or less than others, but none that really annoyed me.
tekna cvt mag red
dave

Post by dave »

Yes AJ couldnt agree with you more,but my point is when they are parked the drivers side arm cannot be fully lifted without contact with the bonnet edge,would you like to see an image of the problem.Dave
jamo
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

its the default for all QQ's- as stated above you need to put wiper in Service mode to lift.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D