MOT due but bought from auction with cracked windscreen

Bodywork & Interior problems
robisaacuk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by robisaacuk »

Hello guys

I bought a QQ from auction, and its turned up with a long crack down the windscreen. I've read bit online and can see that this is happens to a lot of people.

I called autoglass today and qas quote near 500 quid for a replacement screen, then 800 odd for it including the calibration.

I'm a bit lost with all this and am thinking dealer can't be that far off these prices? has anyone had this done for less than these figures? Insurance claim not an option for me at all I'll have to pay for this one

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the QQ Forum ! If you have time take a look in “Search” by just entering for example “Windscreen Replacement” as there are many older posts on this subject. I am sure you will get some other feedback. Heated Screen versions cost ! - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

You didn't mention which trim level.

I didn't suffer with my Qashqai but certainly its not a simple task being heated and with the sensors and camera et al in the higher trim versions.

I don't recall having seen prices quoted because usually people are able to get it done under insurance. Why not try ringing two or three dealers?

Autoglass won't do a quote online without personal details but https://ukcarglass.co.uk will.

Came to £657.32 fitted after declaring rain sensor and camera. Calibration not specifically mentioned but they're guaranteeing the price. And they could do it tomorrow!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Have a look on ebay, look at Nissan Qashqai Breaking or even Nissan Qashqai front windscreens, a few on there for about under £250
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.