Shine Armor

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not so sure if anybody will be interested in this but here we go. Our QQ is washed every couple of weeks and polished every few months so it is pretty clean. I was reading a article in the US on this product called “Shine Armor” which is a Quick Coat, is a three-in-one product that washes, adds a ceramic coating and a topcoat sealant and paint protector without water, streaks, smearing or scratching. I was a bit concerned at first and thought it was a bit gimmicky but then thought give it a go (the proof is in the eating) so I ordered from Amazon and it’s not cheap. The QQ had not been cleaned for a couple of months so I gave it a Auto Wash and thought I would try a Wing Section as a Test. After applying this it was so simple I completed the whole QQ. Now my 1st opinion was that the Shine is much more Glossier than before, so I just need to keep an eye out on how it stands up - Dave 😉

6A5384EC-9F65-49EF-8053-49542835403D.jpeg

Yesterday’s Application & Pics :

9FEEBE8E-E227-4A3B-8010-827324ADB3E7.jpeg

365463AF-9F0A-43B3-9C58-744DD8742243.jpeg

Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat - Honest Review and Our Recommend : https://cleanhomeguide.com/shine-armor- ... at-review/

AD2B5C18-F5AF-4351-9D57-1571D02D82B8.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Hi Dave,

I'm a member of a car detailing forum, here are a couple of topics on the subject of Shine Armor. Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff, there are far far better waterless wash products on the market.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/ ... hine+armor

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/ ... hine+armor

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, Thanks for these attachments. I did actually read some negative and positive comments and just thought I would give it a try. My aim was for the Surface Finish Not removing scratches as there are None. First impression was the ease of application and to me the “Shine”, as with everything you live and learn - Thanks Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a bit of Feedback on this “Shine Armor” Stuff. After 4 weeks I stuck the QQ through the Auto Car Wash without the Wax Treatment and this is what it looks like standing after light rain today - Dave 😏

6A803578-D457-41D5-9BD5-D7D73872EEF8.jpeg

malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Hi Dave,

For saying Shine Armor doesn't get rave reviews in car detailing circles I'm impressed with the beading properties after 4 weeks.

I use Diamondbrite Ceramic Detailing Glaze which doesn't get rave reviews either but I think it's great.

If I'm feeling a bit lazy I use Autoglym Polar Seal which is a spray onto a wet car then rinse off product. You do need a pressure washer and a snow foam cannon to use this product though but I think the rules about washing cars in Germany are quite strict aren't they.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Chris, I thought when I read your previous comment what have I let myself in for. Over the years I have and still use the stuff that I discussed with US Car Showers / Speed Boat Racers like the Maquires / Armoral / Mother’s Products. I was in the Plastic Molding Game so Polishing to Mirror Finishes was Part of the Game that was learnt years back.
I must say at present I am rather happy the way the finished QQ turned out and with really no major effort, spray on, Wipe it off, Polish it. What I liked was it does Bodywork, Windows & Plastic Parts.
So thanks for your comment from somebody that knows the game and is a member of a Detailing Forum 👍 - Dave 😉