Wing Mirror Replacement

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, you are the Man, now you have really hit the Ball on the Head. The basic models for example the Acenta Premium had no “360* Camera” but the next up option the “N-Connect” did. Another reason for different Mirror No’s - Dave 👍✅

F5DF89E2-387A-4B7B-9F11-1A589AA29389.jpeg

2DBF1C85-EC46-447D-8A0A-A6415E1B15A4.jpeg

DF7DA8ED-B983-4995-8FD1-443251AB498A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

My name isn't Colin ?!?!?! :D :D :D
gloucester wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 pm
You haven't said what model you have - does it have 360 surround cameras?

Also if you'd investigated why I posted this you'd have found a white mirror on eBay - with the camera - for £140...
gloucester wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:44 pm
I'm guessing you have a white car! :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
G6VNM

Post by G6VNM »

Folks thanks for all the posts. All of the mirrors on the j11s are interchangeable. As long as you are replacing it with one that has the same options like powerfold etc. Mines has arrived and I've fitted it and it works perfectly although the cars had completely different part numbers. Also there are no part numbers stamped on the mirrors at all that were visible when changing it.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gavin, well at least you solved your problem despite all the differences which was your main aim - well done Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

This is surprising, as looking at all the J11 videos on youtube for fitting dynamic indicators, and my 2019 Tekna had a completely different motor assembly, and the upper and lower mirror covers were joined in a different way and were a pig to remove!
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
G6VNM

Post by G6VNM »

phatboy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:18 pm This is surprising, as looking at all the J11 videos on youtube for fitting dynamic indicators, and my 2019 Tekna had a completely different motor assembly, and the upper and lower mirror covers were joined in a different way and were a pig to remove!
Looking at the mirror I removed it doesn't look like you'd need to remove the motor the install the dynamics?

What was different from the videos you watched? Looking at the one I took out it looks like all of the clips for the mirror cap are easily accessible?
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

G6VNM wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:33 pm
phatboy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:18 pm This is surprising, as looking at all the J11 videos on youtube for fitting dynamic indicators, and my 2019 Tekna had a completely different motor assembly, and the upper and lower mirror covers were joined in a different way and were a pig to remove!
Looking at the mirror I removed it doesn't look like you'd need to remove the motor the install the dynamics?

What was different from the videos you watched? Looking at the one I took out it looks like all of the clips for the mirror cap are easily accessible?
This is what I saw on Youtube, I don't have a picture of mine though, but will do in a few days!

In this one, the 3 screws holding the mirror position motor need removing to get behind it. Mine was totally different.

Also the screw closest to the outside edge of the mirror housing on mine was basically impossible to get to, and I snapped it accidentally.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 22.04.16.png

G6VNM

Post by G6VNM »

phatboy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 pm

This is what I saw on Youtube, I don't have a picture of mine though, but will do in a few days!

In this one, the 3 screws holding the mirror position motor need removing to get behind it. Mine was totally different.

Also the screw closest to the outside edge of the mirror housing on mine was basically impossible to get to, and I snapped it accidentally.

Yeah the one I got from eBay has the old style motor in it. I've just installed the genuine nissan chrome mirror caps on it as the slight colour difference was annoying my OCD! I don't understand why you would need to take the motor off anyway when installing the dynamics (as per the ebay vids. You can get to all clips easily enough.

What bit exactly did you break? I have a full mirror here incase it is a removable part I can let you have for free!
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

G6VNM wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Yeah the one I got from eBay has the old style motor in it. I've just installed the genuine nissan chrome mirror caps on it as the slight colour difference was annoying my OCD! I don't understand why you would need to take the motor off anyway when installing the dynamics (as per the ebay vids. You can get to all clips easily enough.

What bit exactly did you break? I have a full mirror here incase it is a removable part I can let you have for free!
Yes exactly, no need at all to remove the motor.... the 2 screws for the indicator are easy to get to once the mirror glass is removed.

The clip I broke (didn't mean screw before) was one of the ones holding the lower (Black) part of the mirror casing on, the bit that carries the camera. Today I replaced both indicators successfully, but snapped the remaining clip on the drivers side housing, so it's a little loose now! Of course, I found a way to release the clips for the passenger mirror housing... I'm now an expert!!

If you happened to have the lower casing that carries the camera and in good condition, I would be very interested! :)
G6VNM

Post by G6VNM »

phatboy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:18 pm
G6VNM wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Yes exactly, no need at all to remove the motor.... the 2 screws for the indicator are easy to get to once the mirror glass is removed.

The clip I broke (didn't mean screw before) was one of the ones holding the lower (Black) part of the mirror casing on, the bit that carries the camera. Today I replaced both indicators successfully, but snapped the remaining clip on the drivers side housing, so it's a little loose now! Of course, I found a way to release the clips for the passenger mirror housing... I'm now an expert!!

If you happened to have the lower casing that carries the camera and in good condition, I would be very interested! :)
Ah, that's the one part of my old one that got lost. Let us know if you manage to find a replacement mate.