Current projects.,

Bodywork & Interior problems
mrugby
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mrugby »

Hi All,
Well, at last the weather is starting to get milder and the job of personalising my N-Connector 1.3
DIG-T ,160 Horses with the dual clutch auto box fitted, has well and truly began.

Bonnet struts....done........well worth it and makes opening the hefty bonnet a breeze. I noticed the 2022 new Qashqai's bonnet isn't metal anymore, so the sale of bonnet strut kits will decrease.

Rear tailgate chrome finishing strip.....done..... and adds a nice finish to the rear end of the car.

Chrome kick plates on the door sills....done..... and again adds a littles protection to prevent our shoe leather scuffing the door sills.

Wireless charging pad fitted in the centre arm rest.....done..... Saves connecting and dis-connecting the phone and damaging the power connector.....special thanks to our Italian friend for this idea. If you get the one he uses it fits perfect in the space provided.

Car mats....done.....not to happy with the Qashqai attaching clips though, they come undone easily with foot movement, although I did not use Nissans version.

Next up.... Chrome accent strips around the mirror indicators which will add an attractive bit of bling to the LED strip lens. I think the complete mirror chrome cover is a bit too much for me so will stick to the strip accent instead. Less is more as they say.

And finally a set of mud flaps all around to stop those pesky pothole stones from sand blasting the under body.

I'll post a few pics once completed subject to Lockdown rules of course.

mrugby

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Sounds excellent.
Personally I had enough of chrome trim in the 70s ;)
And (unless I am mistaken) you can’t use CarPlay on a wireless charging pad.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

mrugby, well done - Nice Job but the pics would help ! I have done all the same on our older QQ and now the new Tekna +, but you have one point I cannot Complete and that is the Mud Flaps. Nissan do not make Flaps that fit the Tekna + due to the Body Work Changes & Painted Arches around the Wheels, our Dealer tried 2 Sets but No Go. Regarding the Carpets I always use Nissan Carpets and have had no problems with the Press Clips (I do have spare Clips though) - Dave ✅😉

CCD01A2D-A642-4F42-B65A-D5B56CB2123D.jpeg

BCAD1A0D-AD9A-47B6-90D5-FE4CDE2AB892.jpeg

I stuck my Wireless Charger in the Vent Area for the iPhone Usage / Charging :

B9628DA4-0BE7-4F96-B57A-EC35B41D5632.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

MikeGC wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:49 pm Sounds excellent.
Personally I had enough of chrome trim in the 70s ;)
And (unless I am mistaken) you can’t use CarPlay on a wireless charging pad.
Sorry, mrugby, that’s a bit abrupt and rude.
That wasn’t my intention.
I blame the Memsahib and her insistence on opening a second bottle of pinot noir :roll:

It’s great to see cars being personalised and although it’s not to my taste there’s no need for rudeness.
I think the only modification I would make to mine would be colour coded bumpers (like the Tekna+)
Good Luck with the personalisation and don’t forget the pictures.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
mrugby

Post by mrugby »

Here are a few pics. The wireless charger and usb hub underneath will allow simultaneous use of the charger and a separate memory stick for music etc if required. Connecting a cable into the hub will allow android auto etc to function. This wireless charger is the exact size for the iphone 12 or phones that are smaller.
I used foam strip on top to insure a snug fit that won't rattle the phone around. I think it looks neat. As I said previously I saw this via a YT clip from an Italian Gentleman. The base is held with adhesive velcro buttons or strips which were multi layered to obtain the correct level. There are many chargers on the market and some are more powerful if required, but this standard output version is sufficient for our phones. I like this because it is of the correct size to fully support the phone while on the move. At home i use something smaller however. The choice is yours.

The Android auto screenshot, shows it does work ok via the usb hub. I am not to bothered about these apps too much and find the upgraded info system and sat nav is sufficient for me especially when my phone is connected via Bluetooth and being wirelessly charged without repetitive phone connector strain which occurs over time.But it's there and available if needed which is good.
Note the mini Qashqai badge stuck on the radio fascia. Just the right size for added identification around the car.
The door sill kickplates are just about cured and are ready to be polished with the finest motorcycle chrome polish beginning with the letter "A".

I agree with the comment about 1970's chrome but at least in those days it was real chrome complete with stick on rust spots, not like the plastic stuff of today haha. The rear arm rest cup holder trim looks quite nice in a satin finish and finally the bonnet struts have been really usefull especially for people with arms that don't push as good as they used too.......it will come to you all one day my friends lol.

wireless fronton1.jpg

wireless view.jpg

wireless.jpg

usboverview.jpg

usb1.jpg

google.jpg

rearcup1.jpg

rearchrometrim.jpg

doorsill.jpg

strut.jpg

mrugby

Post by mrugby »

The Sun came out today and so did my mirror chrome strips that I have been waiting to fit.
I cleaned the painted section of the mirror shroud with IPA liquid and stuck the trims on. I used a couple of cable ties joined together to keep things in place while the suns rays did the curing job.
mrugby

mirroe1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Great photos - I don't suppose you could post them larger could you to show the fine detail? :lol: :lol: :lol:
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I'm looking for Sill trims , but would like some that turn down through 90deg a little to protect the exposed edge
mrugby

Post by mrugby »

Thanks Gloucester,
What areas would you like me to zoom into for you my friend.
mrugby
mrugby

Post by mrugby »

Hi Buffy
I have the turned down edge version on my C-max. A UK based company I think.
On this occasion with the Qashqai, I removed the adhesive backing tape and substituted it for clear silicone adhesive instead so that the trim fitted as close to the sill as possible. I applied the sealant in spaced vertical strips to allow any water to drain away instead of pooling underneath the trims
Once it had cured I put a clear bead of silicone along the leading edge to stop my shoes catching it. This seems to be working ok. A hot air gun can be used to warm the trim if removal is required in the future.
mrugby