Roof rails

Bodywork & Interior problems
Rennie2142
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rennie2142 »

Hi All,
I have a 2015 qashqai ntec +.
I am fitting roof rails myself as it didn’t come with them and want to use them to fit cross bars to and ultimately hold a roof box.

The ones I’ve bought suggest only securing them down with an adhesive. Has anyone had any experience installing these? I’m slightly dubious of only using adhesive but want to see if anyone else has done this before I drill into the roof.

Thanks

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rennie, firstly welcome to the Forum 👍
If you have time please play around with the “Search” Area as there are several old posts covering the Roof Rail Problem, you may have to change your terminology when searching.
As far as I know the Rails are Screwed by Nissan and I would think if Adhesive is used these must be a cheaper product (Sorry) and are most likely for visual appearance only. If having a load on the Roof surely Safety is important because if the stuff flies OFF you are responsible. Give it a good check out for safeties sake - Dave 🤨
PS : I believe the threaded holes are under the plastic trim but then you need the expensive Rails 😩
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken