2016 UK Pulsar internal condensing

Bodywork & Interior problems
Jamiemp
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Jamiemp »

Hello all,

I have a 2016 Pulsar UK registered. Bodywork and parts seem common and loads more activity here.

Where do these vehicles tend to leak moisture/outside air?

In the winter I get internal frosting so bad that I have to leave windows open a tad to reduce the effect, and climate control can be a bit awkward in winter and summer, hard to maintain.

I've not had a pressure washer onto the windscreen seals yet to discount, but do these motors typical tend to leak through the bonding seals or maybe the aircon system itself?

Thanks for any pointers.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jamie, welcome to the QQ Forum ! Please take a read of this old QQ post and see if this helps you - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10423
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Leak tracing can be a real pain - but I didn't have any on my Qashqai (and nor do I have on my Ignis).

My previous two cars though were Fabia vRSs and the later one was REALLY problematic in leak terms, both the infamous rear passenger door leaks which soaked the underfelt and later one after curing that, a leak in the front which took ages to trace but was finally found to be a badly seated door rubber, which when pressed home cured the situation - much easier than then removing the carpets to get the moisture out!

So my advice is to check all the footwells for moisture, not just by feeling the carpet but by feeling underneath too. At least that might narrow down the search area.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)