New rear bumper protector 👍

Bodywork & Interior problems
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Had a small chip/scratch on the bumper that was annoying me, tried to fill it in, flatten and blend it but wasn't happy, didn't really want to have the bumper re-sprayed so I hunted down a protector.
I'm not overly keen on the Chrome/Stainless steel ones available, then I came across a seller on FleeBay who has protectors in painted plastic for the QQ. Surprisingly he had them in Gun Metal grey (KAD) and at £29 with free next day P&P I decided to take a chance. If it didn't fit/wrong colour I could send it back.
However when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Perfect colour match, did a dummy fit without removing the 3M covers and it indeed fitted the bumpers contours. Did the usual prep of the bumper, peeled off the 3M sticky strip protectors and proceeded to fit, OMG those 3M pads are extremely sticky, I miss aligned it slightly when putting one side into place and took quite a bit of effort to pull it off the bumper 😯 I don't think this protector will come off for quite some time with the 3M this sticky.
Eventually after a couple of minutes it was on and I was really pleased.
Virtually no gap at all between the bumper and protector and If I didn't know better I would assume it was a Nissan fitted product.
I'm really pleased with it.

20210605_183133_kindlephoto-325418528.jpg

2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Squashy2, that Color Matched Sill Protector looks very nice. We had previously a St.Stl. Type on our J11A but they do tend to mark and disfigure. So we got our Dealer to install a Black ABS Protector which is CNC Machined to give a good fit - Dave 👍

36F5E78E-E43B-4E06-81B2-91BB3EE20523.png

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Hi Dave,
Unfortunately we inherited the deep scratch/gouge on the flat top of the bumper when we bought the car and the cover hides this perfectly. I did think that the painted plastic cover could scratch easily but I think that we should be ok as we are both very careful when putting/taking things from the boot and hopefully it should last a long time. The seller does offer them in Black plastic, Carbon Fibre effect and Gun Metal grey. I've sent him an email to ask if he can supply in any of the other colours that the QQ comes in.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)