Interior Switch/Button Lights Not On

Bodywork & Interior problems
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

Hi all,

This is probably a really stupid question but my interior lights aren't coming on.

I very rarely drive my QQ at night so I'm not sure when this first arose. I had to go out very early this morning, it was still dark, I started my car, the headlights came on as did my instrument panel lights but that was it. I couldn't see any of my switches and knobs, even all the buttons on the steering wheel weren't illuminated.

Now, am I talking out of my butt or are all the buttons supposed to be illuminated, it's been so long since I last drove in the dark I honestly cannot remember. The electric window buttons on the door are illustrated though.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, let me throw the first spanner in the works. You had the Full Gyeon Treatment Done Inside & Out. Worth a check as our Dealer has a habit of switching the Internal Lights OFF when in the Workshop - Battery related - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm Chris, let me throw the first spanner in the works. You had the Full Gyeon Treatment Done Inside & Out. Worth a check as our Dealer has a habit of switching the Internal Lights OFF when in the Workshop - Battery related - Dave 🤨

Hi Dave,

I've just been outside to check the button/switch lights and everything is working as it should, my steering wheel etc is lit up like a Christmas tree. Not sure what went off there but all is ok again.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.