Car Wax

Bodywork & Interior problems
sunnydelightimy

Post by sunnydelightimy »

hi all thanks once again for all your replies...eventually have bought the auto glym range....autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner, aqua wax applied after car was washed...buff off with microfibre, then applied super resin polish which ...well were do i start, car looks immaculate....you can see pics in the gallery.also used the vinyl and rubber polish for the bumpers and interior plastics...car looks better than it did when brand new.lol
Regards

Imy

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Wax normally applied AFTER polish, which shouldn't normally be needed on new mota
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RichardP

Post by RichardP »

Wash,Polish,sealer,hard wax,detailer. Once this is done a weekly wash and detailer is all that is needed for 4 to 6 months,then start again. When washing use the two bucket method.
Dustybin

Post by Dustybin »

I use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and the Auto Glym Extra Gloss protection. Leave for an hour and then buff off, the shine is awesome and last ages.
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

I used Autoglym products for years and was happy with their performance and compared to other brands I had used before their ease of application. But one aspect that always annoyed me was the dust created (not just Autoglym). About 9 years ago mate suggested I try Mequiars Gold Class polish. I was very happy with the way it went on using their foam pad and even happier with the fact there was no dust after buffing. After 6 months water was still beading. 9 years later I still use the same product and its still works just as well. 2 waxes a years taking about 1 hour each is all I do and our current car which is now 4 1/2 years old still looks spot on. Its about £20 from Halfords (probably cheaper on-line) and lasts about 4 years polishing 3 cars twice a year.