Front bumper

Bodywork & Interior problems
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

Hi all,One week after taking delivery of my QQ I had noticed that the bumper was not correctly aligned. In fact one head lamp was protruding over the bumper (as it should be) while the other on the side of the passenger was set behind the bumper. In addition the lower part of the grill on the side of the passenger was not touching the bumper as shown below.The car was at the dealers garage and after looking into this issue, they have managed to slightly correct this issue but certainly did not manage to resolve it. Upon complaining they told me that it is the best that they can do and that this cannot be adjusted any further. They also told me that this was not the first QQ with a similar problem. I have seen dozens of QQ's on the local roads and never noticed this problem before. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Any suggestion on what could be done to resolve this issue?Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

muscc088, I can only inform what I have done here with regard to our Juke problems but to be fair they were resolved. What I do is get the facts together written & pics (close up of the problem) then I send this as a mail to NCS here, it must be the same procedure in the UK. You should then get an automatic notification of the Mail and a Customer No. this is then the official complaint. Normally within the week you will get an answer positive or negative with normally the statement of "Contact your Dealer". On the positive side, it is then all on paper if you have Future problems or you need legal help for example - hope you get the problem resolved Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

I did something similar nonetheless I sent an email to my dealer directly to have everything documented. Was it a bumper problem with your juke as well?So far I was informed by the garage that due to the fact that the bumper is mostly attached with clips, there is little that they can do. Nonetheless I think that I will ask the dealer to look deeper into this to know from where the problem is originating and act accordingly. I mean something must be wrong if the bumper is not sitting properly in place no...
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

If the panels don't fit properly then "the best that they can do" isn't legally an acceptable reply. If Nissan/dealer can't/wont sort it out then get on to SMMT and see if they think it is okay to have a poorly fitting and aligned bumper.I wouldn't put up with it. I think I am going to make sure than when I pick my car up at the end of the month I will be having a really close look at such things (unless I get carried away with the excitement and forget....quite likely).
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

muscc088, funnily enough it was a Bumper problem but this turned out to be a production problem and I found this out on the Juke Forum UK, very informative ! We had the Front corrected due to a rubbing Panel problem and then new Spacers were installed as a corrective move by Nissan. Then the Rear had the same problem which NCS stated there was no problem with. With support from the Dealer here written and pics Nissan eventually paid for the correction and re-spray of the Front and due to distortion problems when re-fitting of the Rear Panel a brand new Rear Panel was fitted and naturally re-sprayed. My last request was that all this Body & Paint work was entered into the Service Book for the Paint Warranty and backup for any future problems on re-selling.
Again I cannot stress enough try to work with the Dealer as he is your contact back through to Nissan, try to keep calm but sometimes it is difficult to keep your cool - Hope this Helps Dave

Steve, your comment is absolutely correct it is sad when people have these type of problems but when the information is posted it is of great value for the likes of us who have not picked up their QQ's - "Fault Check List" ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

muscc088, presumably you have contacted in Malta NCS customer-service@mizzimotors.com.mt if you have no luck there, then try one of the other nissan-services mail addresses. I sent one mail to the UK but the answer came back from germany@customer-services.eu where I live give it a go Dave