Cleaning

Bodywork & Interior problems
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

I have not seen Windowlene for years Joncee. Didn't know they were still in business.Instead of using glass cleaner, which we buy in a spray bottle at about a pound for 500ml, I found in Kipa (Tesco) that in the motoring section they do windscreen bottle additive which sells for around ninety pence for 3Litres. I decant this and use that. After a test I found the extra additives in the car screen wash cleaned the windows far better than any glass cleaner for the home. I also use it on all the granite worktops and that gives a better shine as well. I do use the Autoglym Resin Polish on the granite as well and that works wonders.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Dionysus"]I have not seen Windowlene for years Joncee. Didn't know they were still in business.Instead of using glass cleaner, which we buy in a spray bottle at about a pound for 500ml, I found in Kipa (Tesco) that in the motoring section they do windscreen bottle additive which sells for around ninety pence for 3Litres. I decant this and use that. After a test I found the extra additives in the car screen wash cleaned the windows far better than any glass cleaner for the home. I also use it on all the granite worktops and that gives a better shine as well. I do use the Autoglym Resin Polish on the granite as well and that works wonders.[/QUOTE]
Yes it's still available, even Tesco sell it. Here is a link to Wilko buy on web or store: http://www.wilko.com/multi-purpose-clea ... vt/0211407
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I find a damp microfiber cloth does the trick if used regularly and then buff with a dry one.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, you are bringing back memories now mentioning Windowlene I used to use this stuff to get my pocket money from my Mum. I tend to use what is at hand nothing specific eg Lidl W5 Window Cleaner with a couple of Microfiber Cloth because as you say the "Special Products" do cost - Dave ?Y‘?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Dave, have you any method of cleaning the 'honeycomb grill', looks like a small brush would do it, but once dirt gets in there it looks as if it is going to need something more penetrating?
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
Trucker54

Post by Trucker54 »

I use meguiars as well the shampoo and conditioner which leaves the car looking good and a nice smell and the Gold Classic wax lovely finish. And the Ultimate protection dash and trim restorer leaves it looking brand new and a nice smell. I bought them from Amazon.
Now very Happy owner of Acenta Premium 1.2 Ink Blue
Proac

Post by Proac »

I use Armor All Shield for the exterior and autoglym show shine on the inside I find the Armor easy to use no hard buffing just wipe on then off with a micro fibre cloth leaves the body work like new. Bought from amazon about £12.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vzALaGq_o
Proac2014-09-07 13:48:06
Bronze Acenta Premium
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

On one of my many visits to Florida, I started watching one of those info commercials , and it was all about car cleaning. The company glare.com have a look it looks fantastic . Bought a some for my self but waiting for the QQ to arrive to try. steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Prestone All Seasons Screenwash on offer in Costco. £4.48 for 5 litres.
Anygood? I just normally use asda or halfords stuff.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I find Lidl screen wash stuff excellent http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/2486.htm?actio ... 19663&ar=2

Gel2015-01-05 20:04:55
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D