Footwell ambient lighting

Bodywork & Interior problems
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Very nice can I buy this lighting kit with iphone app online

duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="White Tekna"]Very nice can I buy this lighting kit with iphone app online [/QUOTE]
I think there is no such kit available, it's DIY project. Here is what you need and how you connect it to car electrics:WiFi controller: http://goo.gl/rDnePQBlack RGB LED strip: http://goo.gl/x94zo64000K white LED strip: http://goo.gl/yj1fO3All is powered from one of the interior lights. You will need all 3 wires:GroundACC +12V power Interior lights supply +12V (active when door is open only)ACC +12V power is used for powering WiFi controller and RGB LED strip for ambient light, which you can mix with your iPhone. Independently, white LED strip is powered with +12V interior lights supply. i»?If you need more information don't hesitate to ask . I can make some photos of installed lights for you.duncho2014-09-18 09:06:59
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Thanks for the information
mdk11

Post by mdk11 »

Hi,My tekna has no footwel light, so I' m trying to find the way to install 2 amber strip line and connect them to the existing "ambient" light.The problem is to access the actual light to connect the wires, anybody knows how to do it?RegardsMax
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="mdk11"] Hi,
My tekna has no footwel light, so I' m trying to find the way to install 2 amber strip line and connect them to the existing "ambient" light.
The problem is to access the actual light to connect the wires, anybody knows how to do it?
Regards
Max

[/QUOTE]

Max, did my youtube video response help you?

mdk11

Post by mdk11 »

Thanks Duncho,I was thinking to wire the new strip to the glovebox light, so it will light up only when head lights are on. Regarding the Amber led strip, do you think 10 cm will be too bright? maybe better to use only 5cm?
duncho

Post by duncho »

I would use 10cm long strip so that light is nice evenly spreaded on the floor. Try to connect 2 LED strips in series so that each is powered with 6V only. It should not be bright and will last longer as it won't heat up. Powering it from glovebox lamp is a good idea.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

What I used was 2x 30cm long LED Strips and as you can see the lighting effect on driver and passenger footwell - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Marti

Post by Marti »

Sorry newbie can't work out how to post a new topic! Anyone had any problems with Led interior bulbs.?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

For those who don't like messing with the cars electrics here is something that may be of interest. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-LE ... 3cd1452ab8
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors