Rear Parking Sensors

Bodywork & Interior problems
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

Just wondering if anyone else has trouble with their rear parking sensors when they're wet?On delivery day , Raining heavily, Mine squealed like mad when I put it into reverse, and the screen shows a red indicator as though i'm 6 inch away from an object. I reported it to the leasing company, they booked it in thinking that the fixed towbar may be affecting them and apparently they can adjust the sensors to compensate for the towbar.Day two : wet but drying out : it beeped a couple of times but then seemed ok Day Three : dry -the sensors worked as you would hope. perfectly. Called the dealer and cancelled the call as they seemed ok now. Day Four : Raining again : Once again I've got a continuous beep and the screen shows as red like i'm about to hit something Day Five : dry again : back to fully working now! anyone got any experience of this ?I think I'm still going to report it back to the dealer, its not great having a feature that only works when its dry! especially not in Yorkshire
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its quite well debated as it goesMost of us experiance false alerts due to rain or dust on the sensorsNot much you can do although there is a setting to turn the parking sensors down a little
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Today I had several occasions when the front sensors beeped and came up in the red range on the display - twice when I stopped several feet behind another car in traffic, and once when I was driving along minding my own business. It wasn't raining (yes, being Scotland I marked it on the calendar!) but the setting sun was low in the sky and shining right in my eyes, so I thought perhaps that might've had something to do with it. Wash day tomorrow, I'll see if there's any debris on the sensors.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Hi there I had the same issue with the front sensors going off, going back since we had the car, last month it went in to the dealer and there is a TB about this, it is an update, was ok for about 3weeks till we had a big down pour of rain and it was back beeping at me.
Now my car was in the garage last week for it again and there is a fix!!! Nissan know there is a problem and it is with the two front sensors getting water into the actual sensor, hence a couple days to dry out and it's ok again. Now the fix is to replace them with new ones that are modified, they have a different part number as well to the original ones. The sensors have a new double seal and are a special order. Had to come from amersterdam, took a week to get to the dealers. Now a week on and heavy rain and a car wash later and they don't go off!

I did post this message on the other forum for someone who was having the same issue on the front sensors.

Hope it helps
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Problem is the parking sensors are workingThey reporting something in there line of sight, its of little use but there doing what they should do annoyinglyNo idea if Nissan using cheap sensors as some cars I drive never pick up false reports but most of the cars I drive do pick up false reports so much I wonder if parking sensors are worth having How often you parking and turn the sensors off as they just a distraction after you get out and notice you have a foot gap despite that long continuous bleep despite 30 seconds of body stiff waiting for the crunchAs more advanced clearly clever technology comes out were reminded a fuse or a sensor suddenly becomes hyper importantThe reversing camera on the QQ has a hidden air blower to keep it clean wondering if they cant do same for sensors, bet it might cost a few quid though
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

[quote"]] the fix is to replace them with new ones that are modified, they have a different part number as well to the original ones [/quote"]]You wouldn't think that a 5 day old car would need modified parts ... would you?[quote"]]Problem is the parking sensors are workingThey reporting something in there line of sight, its of little use but there doing what they should do annoyingly[/quote"]]quote: Qashqai computer : "OMG its a water droplet - ARRGGGHH!!! "hmmm - surely not !!, i don't think this can be classed as 'working' ?
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Whilst our tenka was in having these new modified sensors they gave me a another tenka qashqai and I was brand new 64 plate with delivery miles and when we left nissan it was bucketing down and it was doing exactly the same as our car!!! That was 1 day old!
Deleted User 1552

Post by Deleted User 1552 »

My 2 week old QQ is doing it!
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Do you have / can find out the TB reference as this saves the pain of going to your local dealer who fobs you off by claiming no such TB exists ??Thanks in advance for all the QQ owners on here with crappy sensors !! ;)
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

There was a technical bulletin from Nissan issued, which exactly address this fault: "TB EL 14/07 - Release Date: 21 JUL 2014 - Front Sonar False Detection". (THIS IS FOR FRONT SENSORS ONLY BUT MAY BE LINKED!)