Hurrican Gonzalo claimed my wing mirror

Bodywork & Interior problems
ferris

Post by ferris »

Driving along the A507 near Ampthill this evening when I see a broken branch poking out into the road at eye level. I starting thinking "that looks a bit clo..." and then BANG! Passenger wing mirror smashed :(I'll give my local Nissan garage a ring tomorrow. Anyone any idea what a replacement Tekna mirror should cost? As repairs go, I'm guessing it's pretty straightforward. Don't know whether it will be worth me claiming on insurance. Advice or just commiseration welcome :( :( :(

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I wonder (how much) and I suspect it really will be a case of HOW MUCH - you must be joking! Look forward to hearing how you get on, that said my offside is about to be replaced (because it doesn't open / close properly) I will see if they'll let me keep the old one.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

OuchFirst I shouldnt laugh but id enjoy you filling out your insurance form stating a tree attacked you, make sure you state wether you provokedJoking aside I used to regularly push my mirror cover on they just clip in and if you can remove it and nothing else damaged try and get a glass but this could end up more expensive than you think mateFull commiserations rather you than me etc but i think your the first one ive read that has to change one
ferris

Post by ferris »

Well, the camera still works! It's possible the base is usable, but it needs a new cover, mirror and indicator. I would suspect it can only be supplied as a whole unit though...we shall see!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Keep the old bits mateI would dread to even think what they are as a complete unitI felt sick reading elsewhere a headlight is over 1K so it might seriously be a insurance jobHow can the parts be so expensive I wonder?
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

When I picked up the car for the first time, I was told that they are around £400 for the part! Is the whole thing broken or just the glass?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Splank can we not have a giggle wall somewhere on forum where 1st to break certain parts get the honour along with the price replacement as said?Sort of take the sting out of the cost by bieng first to find out and honoured
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

Sorry to here about your accident, did you report it to the police ? I am sure they have a department called special branch !Joking aside I hope it does not cost too much and Nissan have parts available to order.
keith
ferris

Post by ferris »

Looking like £400 to £500 so look after your wing mirrors folks!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="ferris"]Looking like £400 to £500 so look after your wing mirrors folks![/QUOTE]ouchsmile wiped off all our faces thats just not funny