Chrome Door Strip

Bodywork & Interior problems
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

Hi folks. I hope you can help me.

I bought the Nissan chrome front bumber chrome finisher, tailgate chrome and chrome door strips off eBay. The front and rear chrome instructions were easy to follow and, with care, the bling was easy to fit.
However, I find the door chrome strip instructions very confusing!
I can see that from them that there should be a 2mm gap between the end of the strips and the edge of the doors. The chrome strips appear to follow faithfully the line of the black plastic trim at the bottom of the door - with a small gap between the black trim and the chrome strips. Can someone tell me the size of this gap - many thanks.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Brown18, I have just read your question again and have seen you have had no answer at present. I have been in the US / UK and just got back home so I shot out and took a look at our QQ. Our Chrome parts were installed by Nissan and I believe that the mm dimensions are not that critical as long as the Chrome parts are identical each side and look the part.

This pic shows our QQ before installation of the Chrome Parts :

Our parts were installed so : Left of Vertical Red Line 1-2mm from Door Edge / Right of Red Line 3-4mm from Door Edge. The Chrome Strip then followed the line of the Door Base / Black Edge.
This is the effect after installation :

I hope this is of some help - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

This close photo may help
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

DaveBerlin and jonceebee.
Many thanks for your help.
If it's dry tomorrow I will fit the bling!
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
behavedaveo

Post by behavedaveo »

Where did you get the side mouldings from they look neat